Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dog$'s pile of garbage on ebay

If my bid is edged out by a de minimis amount, I'm not going to be happy about it. I'm also not regretful that I didn't offer more. I offered what I was willing to pay.

Shrugging your shoulders at an unfortunate outcome doesn't preclude being irritated by it.

2. Quote Originally Posted by dog$ View Post
    If my bid is edged out by a de minimis amount, I'm not going to be happy about it. I'm also not regretful that I didn't offer more. I offered what I was willing to pay.

Shrugging your shoulders at an unfortunate outcome doesn't preclude being irritated by it.
    But the guy who edged you out by that de minimis amount probably didn't actually bid just a quarter more he could have bid a couple of dollars more or even double what you were willing to pay. Bid sniping (and programs that do it very efficiently) have become the norm for online auctions and it's just something you have to learn to live with if you want to use eBay. I used to hate sniping as much as you do but now I use it to my advantage and don't look back. Do I always win what I'm sniping? No, but I do win more auctions (for less as well) than I used to before I jumped on the bandwagon.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

Right. I'm just a stingy bastard is all. And I want people to give me more money.

4. That's fair (I would also like that) but getting all huffy about it isn't going to help anything.

Also, you can send a DVD sized item via first class mail with delivery confirmation and buy the padded envelope for just about $3.00 (give or take a few cents). $3.99 isn't an unreasonable shipping fee (but some of eBay's other flat fees are a bit off).
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in