Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trackball Opinions

1. I have that one, but the Kensington is better x_x

2. Trackballs are pretty much useless for gaming, correct?
    Currently playing: Binary Domain (PC), EVE Online: Retribution (PC), Guild Wars 2 (PC)

3. I can't tell if that's sarcasm or ignorance, but no, they are not useless for gaming.

4. They have a learning curve obviously. I use mine for every kind of game. I couldn't even imagine going back to a mouse for gaming, it just feels awkward now.

5. Quote Originally Posted by U K Narayan View Post
    Trackballs are pretty much useless for gaming, correct?
    Especially for Centipede.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I can't tell if that's sarcasm or ignorance, but no, they are not useless for gaming.
    Well, I always hear bad things about them when it comes to gaming. Pardon my ignorance, but that's exactly why I asked the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky McGee View Post
    They have a learning curve obviously. I use mine for every kind of game. I couldn't even imagine going back to a mouse for gaming, it just feels awkward now.
    Hmm. I think I'll have to give it a shot. Which one do you use? I was looking at this one, and it looks pretty nice.
    Currently playing: Binary Domain (PC), EVE Online: Retribution (PC), Guild Wars 2 (PC)

7. Being able to throw the ball and stop on a dime takes coordination, but you can whip out a one-eighty faster than with a mouse when you get good with it.

I like finger-trackball setups better than thumb ones, just for dexterity purposes.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 26 Jul 2011 at 06:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Quote Originally Posted by U K Narayan View Post
    Well, I always hear bad things about them when it comes to gaming. Pardon my ignorance, but that's exactly why I asked the question.
    I think older trackballs were kinda terrible, so that's understandable. Modern trackballs have optical sensors and decent DPI, so they're fine.

9. Cool. Think I'll get that Logitech one then.

10. Yea, that Logitech is the one I have currently. I had the wired one before. I upgraded because the wireless one has two extra buttons by the left click button.