Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

1. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Looks good! Downey in drag, however, is disturbing.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. I watched the last one in the theater four times. Can't wait!

3. Original was decent, so I look forward to this as well.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Original was decent, so I look forward to this as well.
    What he said.

5. Solid trailer. First didn't deserve a sequel but ok.

I thought the first one sucked.

Then again I was drunk and in a hotel room when I saw it, and spent most of the time fucking so I lost most of the plot.

I mean, I wasn't going to fuck so much but the movie kind of blew.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. The first movie was very good and I look forward to this. But yes the drag is a little disturbing.

8. I enjoyed this quite a bit. Well, I enjoyed RDJ and Jude Law and their dialogue, in any case. I liked Moriarty himself but his goals were too James Bond villain for what I would've liked, so he's pretty good as long as I ignore the plot. There was way too much of a heavy reliance on "planned" sheer dumb luck to get the heroes through most of their dire situations, which I can accept a certain amount of but this felt like every action scene was solved this way. A lot of the action scenes were also really unclear, to the point of where I had to wait until the aftermath of a couple to figure out who actually got killed and who didn't.

The gay factor was also cranked up by an enormous amount, to where Holmes and Watson all but have onscreen sex. This could either be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your tastes, but it was well past the point of subtext and practically the main source of character development.

9. This was okay. I liked the first one better.

10. Saw this tonight. It is at least as good as the first if not better, with the added bonus of not having the entire mystery explained away in the last 5 minutes.

I laughed at that conversation Moriarty and Holmes have inside his planning mind, "oh you think you're the only one who can do this?" It was so retardedly out of nowhere.

The CG in this one was pretty fucking gratuitous, approaching Pirates at Worlds End levels.