Page 1 of 16 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The Evil Dead

1. The Evil Dead

So the remake is gearing up, with Raimi, Tapert, and Bruce all involved creatively... The director has been hired, and his name is Fede Alvarez. Here's a sample of his work:

But the kicker? The kicker is who is doing rewrites, because horror worked out so well for her last time.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. This remake will be a heart-breaker. Nobody, even Raimi, could ever recapture the spirit of the original.

3. I was playing SSFIV with Mzo, Myk, and NGEFreak when he told me about this, NGE was cautiously optimistic, but I have zero faith in this at all, even less after seeing Diablo Cody attached. The movie worked well when it came out, but it's way too late, and campy catchphrase (insert genre here) movies just don't do it for me anymore.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Diablo Cody
    LOL. There's no hope now.

5. There was none to begin with.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

6. True, but now there's even less. I mean, with this hooker Cody writing, we're guaranteed even worse dialog than in the original, which I thought was impossible.

BTW, anyone ever listen to the Bruce Campbell commentary on the Evil Dead DVD? What am I saying...of course you all have. Anyway, best solo commentary ever.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 14 Jul 2011 at 12:17 PM.

7. Why is this a remake? They already did that with 2!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    I was playing SSFIV... but I have zero faith in this at all
    Maybe its the coincidence of playing a remake while discussing a remake that got to me.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

9. This is why you do not constantly ask for overdue sequels, because you get remakes (or shitty overdue sequels).

10. I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.