Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Never Again

1. ┬──┬ ︵ ლ(>.< ლ)

Transformers!

(╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
    Boo, Hiss.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I will buy whatever I god damn well please because I give no fucks about social mores

you assholes have fun letting outside forces determine your actions based on some vague hope that others have some idea on what will and can make you happy and successful.
    And you are finding happiness and success by buying bits of plastic designed for 8 year olds?

that is of no consequence. Doing things only because you are told they are intended for you is stupid.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    And you are finding happiness and success by buying bits of plastic designed for 8 year olds?
    YES!

5. I'm still trying to figure out the rule. I thought it was "Do what you like unless you could cause harm to someone other than yourself."
    But I guess it's "Do what you like unless you could cause harm to someone other than yourself or someone on a message board thinks it's dumb or uncool."
    Am I getting close?

6. 3DO!

"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
    — C.S. Lewis

/thread

8. If you find the acquisition of toys for children to be emotionally fulfilling, then by all means, go for it. I doubt it though.

Don't use C.S. Lewis as justification for your hoarding. He deserves better.

(╯°□°)╯