Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Apartment/renting/roommate Horror Stories

Nope. No lid. Just a big massive wok, with no lid, full of grease on high heat.

2. I don't know how you could tolerate people like that. They'd make a murderer of me.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I'd advise you to start the eviction proceedings now. If tubbo is as lazy as you say, he's not going to just walk out just 'cause you say so.
    He chews with his mouth open and slurps soda from the can and it makes me want to slit his fucking throat!
    Boo, Hiss.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Tell me again. Sounds fun. You get in trouble with the law?
    A roommate stole a guitar from my room while I was on vacation. After refusing to tell me what he did with it, I gave him a week to get it back. He didn't, so a buddy and I broke his legs with a pipe. He had drug convictions and a warrant, so he couldn't really call the cops.

He called 911 and said he fell down the stairs.

I moved out the next day.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. I've never had any awful roommates, but I had a neighbour break into my house and steal almost everything of value. The cops did fuck all about it, even after they broke in twice more within a week. A month after the first break in I returned the favour and got some of my stuff back, along with pretty much all of his and his roommate's stuff, and then got the landlord to evict them. We managed to convince the roommate that the guy set this up himself to pay off his coke dealer, and the roommate ran the guy out of town. It all worked out, I guess, but I'd still like to strangle the little bastard.

6. During my second year at Digipen, I get a call from one of my roommates while I'm studying at the lab.

Roommate: I wanted to let you know that when you arrive at the house later today, you might find that there are more holes than usual.

Me: What are you talking about?

Roommate: Apparently, our other roommate was cleaning his gun and didn't realize that it was loaded.

Sure enough, there was a bullet hole from his room to the laundry room. He was sitting at his computer desk while cleaning his gun, and the bullet completely missed whatever was on his computer desk, and was not pointed in his direction. He later told me that he usually has a plug in the barrel of the gun to indicate that it's not loaded, but he somehow absently loaded his gun before he started cleaning.

Nobody in the house knew he had guns up until the point. I'm not sure if the house manager knew if he had guns when he moved in, but if he did, he should have told the rest of us. I would have been more outraged, but a) I had to worry about finishing my projects before the Fall semester ended and b) I was already moving out to another apartment within the next month.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

7. A guy I know was living with a chick in a rented apartment. He had to work the weekend and came home to find everything, EVERYTHING, out of the house except for two Budweiser (his workplace) uniforms (no undies) laying on the floor. Apparently, he pissed off this chick so much that she took all of her shit, all of his shit, and donated all of his clothes to the Salvation Army while he wasn't around (and in the middle of getting fired).

So what'd he do? He said, "fuck it. I've lost my job, my GF, and all of my clothes. I'm going back to the Marines."

8. I don't get why people just call up Salvation Army and ask for it back. It's not like once the clothes is in their hands it disappears.

burden of proof?