Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Did You Go on Your Honeymoon?

1. Where Did You Go on Your Honeymoon?

My partner and I are getting married in October and planning on a honeymoon in the winter and while we've researched various places through the internets and travel guides I figured that people here would probably have some experience and pointers.

The place at the front of the list right now is Aura Grand Cozumel in March. It fits several of our preferences (adults-only, all-inclusive, close to beach, tropical). We'd both prefer to just move from the bed to the beach chair to the table and are not interested in late night parties or lots of activities. Good food is important, but it doesn't need to be 3-star Michelin rated. We're trying to keep a budget of around 5 grand (including flight) for 10 nights.

Thanks for any tips or suggestions.

West Baltimore.

3. Hardcore through and through. Like I mentioned though, we are looking for a little more tropical.

Although you raise a good point, you've got to watch out for crime when on vacation in an unfamiliar environment.

4. It sounds like the place you found is perfect for your wants. Other people want different things so they go to Europe or whatever. Going to a beach farther than Mexico would blow up your budget. I know someone planning a honeymoon in the Maldives and that shit is expensive.

5. We stayed at the Atlantis for a long weekend then went to Disney World (DUH). Also married in October.

View from the room.
    Click for full size

NOBODY goes to the Bahamas in October.
    Click for full size

Also we saw a boat with her name on it.
    Click for full size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM3506.JPG 
Views:	491 
Size:	358.5 KB 
ID:	62475   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM3517.JPG 
Views:	478 
Size:	281.4 KB 
ID:	62476   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM3521.JPG 
Views:	466 
Size:	314.4 KB 
ID:	62477  

6. Stayed in downtown Charleston, SC for a week. Not far from home and it's somewhere we've been before, but it was nice to take it easy in a familiar place after the hectic buildup to the wedding. I'd recommend getting everything planned out so you don't have to figure it out once you're there.

7. It seems that way, I was just seeing if anyone else had gone a similar type honeymoon and would make a recommendation. Yeah, going across the Atlantic or Pacific becomes entirely too expensive, not to mention long plane rides are nothing short of torture.

8. Thanks Chux that beach looks both empty and beautiful, perhaps we will come across a Miss Charity.

9. They were filiming an episode of Ugly Betty there, I kept swimming into the shot and getting yelled at. Good times.

10. My wife and I went to the beach city of Nha Trang in central Vietnam. It's a nice small city with great beaches, nearby islands that you can boat to, excellent (sea)food, an amusement park (Vin Pearl Land), and many activities and places to check out.