Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: A Law Question About Negligence

1. This might not be helpful since you've already finished your paper, but I'll answer anyway.

Generally, punitive damages aren't awarded in negligence cases since they were designed to punish intentional wrongdoing, not carelessness. However, punitive damages could be awarded in negligence cases where the wrongdoer is found to be grossly negligent. That is, not just lacking the care of a reasonably prudent person in the same circumstance, but having a complete disregard for the lives and/or safety of others.

I don't remember much about that Ford case (or if it's even the same case I'm thinking of), but I recall that Ford actually discovered the defect and knew that it could kill people, but didn't address it because it would cost too much money. So there was no intentional wrongdoing as they didn't intentionally create the defect. However, there was gross negligence because like Ramon, they did not give a fuck if your dog dies.

I know it's late, but hope that helps.
    Last edited by Nash; 28 Jul 2011 at 12:09 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Because anyone gives a shit about this subject or his paper.

He named like 6 people he wanted answers from anyway and said a "thread was easier than waiting for them to come into chat."

Seriously.
    He essentially left them a message at a place they all visit and have in common. There's nothing wrong with that. Even though I got lost in that meme generator I don't think cheeks is doing anything wrong by going to known experts for help. The message he just got from Nash was helpful and written in language standard to his specific field.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 28 Jul 2011 at 11:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Hey does anyone know if OSHA applies to US workers in a US company owned office in China?

Google is worthless

4. Oh God! Here we go again...