Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands 2

1. I've seen "the developer will lose their bonus because of this" on other sites before, like it is the reviewers' job to ensure the developer makes bonus. It's so weird.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    Cybertron was the one that was actually supposed to be great though. I mean, his complaints are the same I had with the first one, nothing really good about the gameplay from any specific angle. Nothing horrible either, just kind of boring with MMO quests with a neat style. It's cool if you're looking for a diablo style game, and definitely one of the best but as a game (IE if you end up playing alone) it's not that great. 7.5 still seems low though. I am thinking of picking it up though, just not sure who I'd end up playing with, are most of you guys on PC?
    I've seen like 7 or 8 TNL folk people playing it on my Steam friends list

3. Played this for about an hour last night.

It's exactly the same as the first Borderlands. On the XBox, the engine is really showing its age. Draw-in is pretty bad every time you open a chest. I kinda wish I had bought this on Steam (probably still will, because I have friends playing this on both XBL and PC).

Luckily, I really enjoyed the first Borderlands, especially the DLC, so I'm totally down with more of the same. Especially since the Siren improvements are really nice so far.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. I enjoyed the first one and I'm enjoying this. But part of me just misses playing as my character from the first game. The problem is this plays so similar to the first one, so it feels like starting over after I already "worked" so hard at leveling and looting in the first one.

The writing and story is a lot better though. Vehicles seem more functional. The new weapon abilities are all fun. Everything seems better so far but I'm still not that into it yet.

5. Oh god, Torchlight 2 is tomorrow. There's too many online games out!

6. I'm gonna skip this for now. It looks fantastic but I got burnt out of BL1, plus I have D3 to quell my loot-hunt needs for now.

7. I loved the first one, like, played for 12 hours straight and beat the game with my friend as soon as it came out love.

This, however, doesn't quite feel the same. The action feels slower, the guns don't seem as good, and the overall look and feel of the game just seems off. I'm playing with my cousin and he said the same thing. Played for a few hours last night, got bored, popped in FIFA 11 and had a much better time. Not sure what gives. I took work off today expecting to play all night and all day but that didn't and probably won't happen.

Hopefully when I turn it on again I feel differently.
    Last edited by aren; 19 Sep 2012 at 01:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If I'm going to be taxed, I'd rather it be to build a Death Star than to feed lazy Wookiees.

8. This is exactly like BL1. The only issue Gearbox addressed was the original character classes being perhaps too interesting.

9. Sounds like I'm waiting for a $10 GOTY version.

10. Not going to wait that long, but I'm also holding off on this for now. I'm in the middle of my second playthrough of BL1, still haven't played any of the DLC yet.