Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

1. Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    My pet peeve is listening to people argue about the time difference between using cash & credit. If 30 seconds here and there means that much to you I really pity your life.
    30 seconds isn't so bad. 2 minutes is.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. Drivers who feel the need to slam on their brakes and leave 1, 2, or 3 car lengths worth of space in front of them can go perform oral sex on a butcher's knife.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

Input lag being so goddamned hard to research when trying to purchase a new television. It's such complete shit.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    I'm the guy who takes the long/indirect way home because I don't want to see the exact same things every single day.
    waze does that for me, because I told it to prefer road munching.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    30 seconds isn't so bad. 2 minutes is.
    No it isn't. There are a lot of people in this world. A two minute wait is completely fine. They did some study where once people have waited longer than three minutes their brains somehow lose any concept of time, further cementing my opinion that people are moronic, self-centered dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Input lag being so goddamned hard to research when trying to purchase a new television. It's such complete shit.
    Every non-CRT television I've ever seen has looked completely fine to me. Except for those ones with the super fast refresh rates, those give me a headache.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    No it isn't. There are a lot of people in this world. A two minute wait is completely fine. They did some study where once people have waited longer than three minutes their brains somehow lose any concept of time, further cementing my opinion that people are moronic, self-centered dicks.
    I once had a customer complain to me because he had to wait "over an hour" to get help and the store had only been open for fifteen minutes. I told him that and his response was to pout and walk away.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Let me rephrase it. I don't mind waiting in line when the line is moving. I don't like waiting in line when one person is taking way too much time to find their money. Have your shit ready before you come up to the cashier or better yet pay with a credit card.

Mind you it's only more stupid when a person's card is declined and they ask the cashier to run it 3 more times as if it's going to give a different response other then you have no fucking money.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I once had a customer complain to me because he had to wait "over an hour" to get help and the store had only been open for fifteen minutes. I told him that and his response was to pout and walk away.
    Some people have no sense of time so I can believe this shit.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

you people are hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Every non-CRT television I've ever seen has looked completely fine to me. Except for those ones with the super fast refresh rates, those give me a headache.
    That's cool, but I don't really watch a lot of TV. I play videogames, and it's a huge problem.

When people I'm with at the store start digging through their wallets and purses looking for caveman bucks I put my hand on their shoulder and tell them it's ok; I have already paid for it. I'm from the future.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

yeah, and when you are playing 1 game a month because you spent 60$ for a new one, with your credit/debit card, I have 20 because I offered the guy on craigslist 40$, cash, for his whole box of games.

cash is nice in some instances. It has a bargaining power that debit cards don't.

Some of you need to pull your head out of your ass and do more than laze around the house and shop at best buy and whole foods.

10. Life advice: Ironplant edition