Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I can't wait till you can tell a fat person to stop being fat the same way you can tell a smoker to stop smoking. Both are the exact same fucking thing.
    I 95% agree. The one difference is that there is no side stream fat. However, if I didn't have to subsidize their health care, I could give a fuck if people get so fat they explode. Same with smoking as long as they don't do it where I have to smell it.

2. People are still able to maintain an incredibly unhealthy diet without being fat. See: CAD

Edit: the opposite is also true.

3. I admit, my main pet peeve is rediculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    Aside from bad drivers (SHOCKER!), I've noticed a trend with people in the suburbs refusing to walk on the sidewalk which is right next to them and walk in the middle of the street. WTF?
    If people want to be fucking stupid and die, let them, but people do this on my street while pushing baby strollers. What the fuck, it's literally easier to push a stoller on the sidewalk three feet to the left. Plus, people routinely drive 60 mph down the road since it's straight.

Not really a pet peeve, but it amazes me how many white women have huge trucks, and how every one of them will put the drivers side front tire between the two speed bumps.

You're in a truck with a foot of clearance, hit that son of a bitch.

6. Parents who name their children Aiden, or any sort of white trash rhyming variation (i.e., Jayden). Same is true of other baby names.

Also, vehicle stickers letting me know that Jayden and Asher participate in cheerleading/soccer/gymnastics/whatever. If my parents had subjected me to that sort of embarrassment I would have killed them in their sleep. I'm sure the local kid touchers appreciate the rolling billboard, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

That reminds me. I kind of hate everyone I know on facebook with kids.

I hate the ones who make the kid the profile pic, and do nothing but talk about their kids. I don't care about your little blob. Shut the fuck up about it. Do you have any idea how unsafe it is to make all that information public? Some ped could roll up in your yard, tell your 5 year old he is an uncle and spout off tons of information about him, and the little bastard would believe him.

I also hate women who have to post things about how strong they are after break ups.

And people who have to post about Jesus. And how much he loves them. Or how thankful they are jesus gave them things

8. You've really thought that 5 year olds thing out, IP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Not really. Being oddly specific about nothing is just something I do. Its funnier in real life. It falls kind of flat online because I can't insert a Bill Murray / Rodney Dangerfield esk tone into my delivery.

If I'm being very specific about something that doesn't really matter, I'm probably joking.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Parents who name their children Aiden, or any sort of white trash rhyming variation (i.e., Jayden). Same is true of other baby names.

Also, vehicle stickers letting me know that Jayden and Asher participate in cheerleading/soccer/gymnastics/whatever. If my parents had subjected me to that sort of embarrassment I would have killed them in their sleep. I'm sure the local kid touchers appreciate the rolling billboard, though.
    Aiden is a traditional Irish name, but otherwise, I agree with this.
    I'm not sure if the white trash names are as bad as the heinous names ghetto black people give their kids, though.
    It's all terrible.