Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Give me 9 good reasons why auto merge is gone

1. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    It's easier to reply to a post, post it, then navigate back a page or ten, continue reading, then reply again.
    If I'm comprehending this correctly, this is user error. Just to make sure:

1. You're reading a thread from some point earlier than the last page.
    2. You see something you want to reply to.
    3. You keep reading after replying, and possibly find something else you want to reply to.

2. Or use the Multi-Quote function. It should be right near the Edit Post and Reply buttons under the post you wish to address. You can even leave the thread and reply in another thread, I think. It will remember the posts you select.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Or use the Multi-Quote function. It should be right near the Edit Post and Reply buttons under the post you wish to address. You can even leave the thread and reply in another thread, I think. It will remember the posts you select.
    I didn't want to assume anything about what he was doing, but yeah, I was going to point out that button.

Regardless, I can't see a downside to auto merge unless it clogs up the forum works somehow.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    With automerge, it seamlessly puts all these replies into one place with one header and sig, and excuse me if I like looking at people's sigs and avatars. People have a lot of great stuff here.
    But think about it: If you get, say 3 posts in a row from the same person, you get to see those sigs and avs that much more! Since you like looking at that kind of stuff, it's a win-win!
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.