Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPrade

1. ESPrade

Update: New scores from both DjRocca and Click_Stick.
    Code:
    1.  22,899,310 - BBH / Yusuke             ALL     [verified]
    2.  17,371,130 - Kaneda / J-B 5th         ALL
    3.  17,095,310 - Kewing / Irori           ALL
    4.  17,035,530 - Venom / Yusuke           ALL
    5.  14,306,290 - Click_Stick / Irori      Stage 6
    6.  11,494,700 - §eraphim / Irori         Stage 5 
    7.  11,177,530 - DjRocca / Irori /        ALL
    8.  10,341,590 - Randorama / J-B 5th      Stage 5
    9.  10,087,740 - gameoverDude / Irori     Stage 6
    10.  9,168,260 - felixthecat / Irori      Stage 5
    The Rules: 1 credit, three lives, default difficulty, and be sure to post last stage reached and character used along with your score. For the sake of clarity, I'll be counting the final clone and boss encounter section as Stage 6 -- let me know if you have a score already listed that needs to be changed to reflect that. Photos are encouraged whenever possible.

2. 5,658,920 - Kaneda / J-B 5th / Stage 5

Thanks for bringing this one back. Just jumped back into the game today ater a long break and crushed my previous score. Must be getting wise in the ways of the shmup.

3. 6,195,640 - Kaneda / J-B 5th / Stage 5

4. Sorry to bother you again, but considering this'll move me up a slot...

6,446,920 - Kaneda / J-B 5th / Stage 5

Edit: Here's a pic for ya.

5. No problem at all -- only takes a moment to update.

6. Explaining the combo system isn't spamming up the boards if it goes in the right place, and I can't think of a better place than an official high-score thread for the game.

So, how does the combo multiplier work in EspRaDe? From what I've seen it's got something to do with the secondary charge attack, but I haven't been able to sort out (yet) exactly how it goes from there.

James

7. Alright, here we go...

As you power up, not only will your main shot increase, but you will receive more 'rounds' for your secondary weapon (b button). This will increase to a total of 15 shots and can be seen in the small meter along the bottom. If you die it will remain at 15, and you will still be able to trigger x16s.

Now, as you strike enemies with your secondary weapon, you will notice a number of 'bubbles' spread across their surface. The trick is to destroy the enemies with your main shot while as many of these bubbles as possible are in contact with them. You will then receive a bonus multiplier corresponding to the number of bubbles in contact with the enemy plus one. So, as you've probably figured out, x16 is the maximum.

Once you trigger a multiplier, it will stay in effect at that value for a short period of time. As a general rule, the larger the enemy, the longer the multiplier value you destroyed it with will apply. You can also extend the length of these multipliers by collecting the gold bricks that drop down from enemies you've dispensed with -- this is essential to proficient scoring. Press B and then Start at the title screen for a visible counter.

You will also notice that once you're fully powered up, a cube counter is displayed. When this reaches maximum (initially at 200) all on-screen bullets will disappear, enemies will cease dropping gold bricks, and items to recharge your ESP (bomb) meter will instead be dispensed. It's important to note that the maximum value of the cube counter will increase each time you trigger a recharge. Also, when your counter is at maximum value, enemies will produce substantially more cubes and allow for much larger 'chain reactions.'

I think that's about it. Feel free to ask questions.

8. Ok, tried playing a round with that in mind and instantly noticed it at work. One question, or an observation, or maybe just a commentary- It seems to be cumulative. Keep an x3 running long enough to add an x7 to it and it's x10. At the very least I know I didn't get those x16s by a method that takes actual skill. I know what I mean to do but sometimes find my fingers jamming the B button like a spastic monkey despite good intentions.

James

9. It's not cumulative, but you can 'override' a lower multiplier by hitting a higher one. Try using the B + Start trick and keep an eye on the counter that appears.

I believe it is cumulative in another sense, though -- the longer you can keep a single 'chain reaction' going on a single multiplier, the more cubes will appear. This would seem to be the case, at any rate.

10. Looking forward to playing this on a monitor where I can actually see the entire playfield.