Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii / "New" 3DS / Nintendo Switch)

1. What a horrible night to have a curse.

2. No luck with Dolphin tonight... I keep getting a white screen and it immediately stops responding. I'll mess with it more tomorrow. For the record I was trying to boot from the DVD drive with my retail copy of DKCR.

UPDATE: I got it working, had to change it from DX9 to DX11... but my drive isn't compatible with the discs so I can't boot things I own.
    Last edited by TobalRox; 09 Apr 2012 at 09:18 PM.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

3. I'm getting a heavy FF12 vibe off of this, at least in terms of how combat flows. It's even more complex though - like how changing enemy states can turn the tide, how some enemies require certain conditions to pass in order to do damage...it's all amazing.

While I do think FF12's gambits have a lot going for it, the AI of Xenoblade's characters aren't too shabby. Plus I like that at critical moments you can encourage, warn, or assist teammates.

And for it's hardware woes (wahs?), the game is pretty with how it structures maps to play up to and against lighting, take on different tones at different times of day. It's like the star of the game is the world itself - and it's a great thing.

I also wonder how you guys cope with older games with all this crying? I imagine some trash can where you toss FF9, 12, Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud 2, and other great games for just being old. Or ignoring games that are really well designed visually (like Wind Waker) since they were made before 2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Emulation. This has already been covered in this thread.

5. All of those games look better than Xenoblade.
    Donk

6. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    I also wonder how you guys cope with older games with all this crying? I imagine some trash can where you toss FF9, 12, Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud 2, and other great games for just being old. Or ignoring games that are really well designed visually (like Wind Waker) since they were made before 2008.
    Have you seen Xenoblade running in 1080p/30fps (or more, with highest antialiasing/etc)? It is literally night and day.

7. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Have you seen Xenoblade running in 1080p/30fps (or more, with highest antialiasing/etc)? It is literally night and day.
    Inconceivable!

James

8. The game looks like shit. Shut the fuck up.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    All of those games look better than Xenoblade.
    this is true! But still...
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Looks like Nintendo charged my card for this, but it's yet to ship. Time to mess with Dolphin in preparation, I suppose.

Here's to another gen of bitching about games on a Nintendo console (although just being HD would probably cut back a lot on my personal whining.)