Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii / "New" 3DS / Nintendo Switch)

1. I want this game very much. Here's hoping NOA pulls their heads out of their asses.

2. I’m pretty sure this was mentioned in an article somewhere but it’s true – in Xenoblade, if you can see it, you can go there.
    I think it was the director's comments in one of those Iwata Asks segments. That's the part that fascinates me most, probably the first console J-RPG I've been interested in since....Final Fantasy XII.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Increase the resolution of that trailer to 1080 then laugh at how fucking terrible it looks.
    You mean 480p hardware with 10-year-old specs isn't running a game that hangs with PS360 fare? No!

It's a last-gen console rendering environments that are orders of magnitude more grandiose than anything we saw last gen. Given the limitations they had to work within, it's pretty damn impressive.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 15 Aug 2011 at 11:05 PM.

4. Yeah, anyone who didn't care for FF12 should probably stay the hell away from this one.

Speaking of 12, Xeno also has unique monsters to hunt, though you're not really given a quest for the majority of them. They're just hanging out, waiting to be engaged. They drop nice loot, but later on you'll mainly want to hunt them for Arts books that you can use to unlock further leveling of your Arts. The monsters range from level 5 all the way up to 'true endgame' type monsters who are beyond your max level and will test your ability to maximize your customization.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    You make it sound amazing
    I left out the part where I gushed about the soundtrack.
    I feel like it is indeed amazing, but I'm also quite forgiving of any game that has a number of great qualities about it.
    Can't say I remember many things to gripe about, aside from early party inflexibility. Everyone has set skills so you can't spec everyone to do everything, so your party member choices are pretty important. This gets relaxed as the everyone gets stronger and better equipment/arts are available, closing the gap a little bit.

5. FFXII is all you have to say to get me interested.

Did someone say FFXII??
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    FFXII is all you have to say to get me interested.
    White Knight Chronicles

8. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    White Knight Chronicles
    I need two things to get me interested, FF12 and not total shit. This doesn't qualify obv.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    White Knight Chronicles
    I don't understand!

10. I think the smart thing for NOA to do with this (and the other game those Operation Rainfall guys are crying about... The Last Story?) is get an HD remastered version ready for the WiiU launch. That way, the people who really want this game will buy the system for it, and the people who are buying the system because it's the new hotness will buy this game to have something to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids