Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii / "New" 3DS / Nintendo Switch)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I haven't played either though I have a copy of Demons Souls I told myself I wouldn't start until I finish Vanuquish.
    You better get crackin'. I think Atlus is taking the servers down in October. You could still play it offline, but....

I'm cautiously optimistic about Xenoblade while realizing we could very well have another Tales of Symphonia on our hands. There are bratlings out there who will still swear up and down that piece of shit was amazing because their JRPG-starved system had warped their expectations.

2. The Eurogamer review makes it sound like the real deal: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...onicles-review

Today, the release schedules are peppered with remakes and re-releases of seminal 'JRPGs' from the Super Nintendo's golden era and fans are routinely made to look backwards, rarely forwards. On the few occasions that we are treated to a strong fresh release, such as last year's outstanding Dragon Quest IX, that success leans more heavily on familiarity than novelty.

Xenoblade Chronicles is a rare exception. Here is an endlessly lavish, detailed production based in a newborn universe that is not only filled with unfamiliar faces but also brims with daring ideas and mechanics. Indisputably, this Wii game - released in the twilight months of its host console - is the strongest JRPG to emerge in years. Its vision is so bold and assured that it's difficult to imagine how such a creature could have risen from this brackish swamp of a genre.

3. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    I gave up on NOA a long time ago. Utterly worthless. If you're looking for legitimacy, you can import a copy for less than $60 from game.co.uk.

And if you haven't done it already, hacking a Wii for region-free games is the easiest thing on earth. You can even get it working on a fully updated system.
    Yeah, the newer loopholes now are so ridiculous, it takes literally three minutes to snap (involves the inbox). I bought my copy off of dvd.co.uk and I think I paid a little less. I just asked someone British which is more reliable and they said Dvd.co.uk works out just fine. Don't need the Pro Controller, I already have the Monster Hunter one and a plain white one. Standard Edition please.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    You better get crackin'. I think Atlus is taking the servers down in October. You could still play it offline, but....

I'm cautiously optimistic about Xenoblade while realizing we could very well have another Tales of Symphonia on our hands. There are bratlings out there who will still swear up and down that piece of shit was amazing because their JRPG-starved system had warped their expectations.
    Not everyone. I don't know, I'm a Tales game ho and I thought Symphonia was pretty shitty (eventually).

5. Well i LIKED IT! Enough to complete it anyway, that was especially rare around that time.
    Donk

6. I liked Symphonia a lot and not for lack of reference point or other systems. It's probably like my second or third favorite game in the series.

7. Tales of Syphonia - great game, finished it, enjoyed it quite a bit.

Vesperia I liked too, but never finished it.

True story!

8. I'd import but I still have Vesperia on my plate.

Good to know that Game.Co.Uk is reliable for when Inazuma 11 comes out, though!

9. Is this something that will be able to import on the cheap six months from now?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I liked Symphonia a lot and not for lack of reference point or other systems. It's probably like my second or third favorite game in the series.
    It's really hard for me to not sound hypocritical when asked if I liked Symphonia or not, because I loved it for the first 20 hours but the story felt as if it dragged on and on to a painful crawl. Still, everything else about the game (art, sidequests, references to other games) were great. I have the JPS2 version and it has updated ougis and etc, but it's bogged down by bad framerates. It's too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I'd import but I still have Vesperia on my plate.

Good to know that Game.Co.Uk is reliable for when Inazuma 11 comes out, though!
    Yeah! Totally a great place to shop. It's a shame America never yet had a localized version of Vesperia for PS3, because the amount of content added is actually a big difference. It feels like they took every complaint and made it an even better game (and I loved it for 360).