Page 1 of 55 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul

1. Ron Paul

We've discussed Ron Paul on the boards before and if I remember correctly, it has generally been favorable. While being a very very long shot to win the Republican nomination for 2012, I believe he has a better chance to do so than he did in 2008. The media seems to be pretending like he doesn't exist despite his ranking in straw polls but it seems to be generating him more publicity. While his libertarian views may not be as popular as normal conservative or liberal views, they seem to make sense in the current state of our country. He appears to be one of the very few high ranking politicians who are both sincere and intelligent and is against many of the current unconstitutional practices like the Patriot Act and TSA that violate the civil rights of American citizens. He is committed to more efficient government spending and drastically reducing the Federal deficit. He is also against the continued wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and is against nation building and using the military to achieve ambiguous goals. I have even recently volunteered my services to his campaign (lol).

Let's talk about Ron Paul.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

2. Fuck Ron Paul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. He'll never get the nod. He doesn't follow the Republican agenda, and probably would be a horrible president anyway.

4. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    He'll never get the nod. He doesn't follow the Republican agenda, and probably would be a horrible president anyway.
    If he did get the nod, I think people would vote for him for the same reason they voted for Obama. He's been a good congressman for the most part but I suppose he couldn't be up to the challenge of being President, but you can't really tell that with any reasonable candidate.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

5. You know who'd make a spectacular president?

No one.

It's nearly the definition of an impossible job the way we have things set up now.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    You know who'd make a spectacular president?

No one.

It's nearly the definition of an impossible job the way we have things set up now.
    I think the idea of who the President is is more important than what he does. Otherwise, I'd agree with you.

7. Didn't he run and pocket the presidential campaign money in order to run for Congress again in 2008?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Didn't he run and pocket the presidential campaign money in order to run for Congress again in 2008?
    He stayed in the primary race long after it was apparent that John McCain was going to win the nomination. Maybe he didn't use all the money for his campaign, I'm not sure. He resigned from Congress for the 2012 election so it seems like his last hoorah.

9. Ron Paul might could get some good things done in a boom economy. In this economy he is absolutely the worst thing that could possibly happen. I have also not heard one thing from him ever that acknowledges that the economic state of the country should determine policy in anyway. He just strikes me as incredibly naive, with little ability to distinguish economics and simple financial management.

No one has ever tax-cut their way out of a recession. It's never happened. And that's the entirety of his thinking.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 17 Aug 2011 at 12:11 AM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Didn't he run and pocket the presidential campaign money in order to run for Congress again in 2008?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!