Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 68910

Thread: Ridley Scott to direct Blade Runner 2, or 0

1. Scott's still got it imo. Prometheus is solid and he got what was to be had out of The Counselor.

2. Prometheus was fucked on a script level, not with the direction. Not sure what Scott had to do with writing it.

3. I liked Prometheus, it wasn't perfect but it was a hell of a lot more interesting than most movies I tend to see.

Him not directing already puts this down a peg, and you know, the guy who wrote the original novel....
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

4. Yea, I liked Prometheus. Anthony nailed it. It's an interesting movie, flaws and all. I don't care how poorly it ties into Alien. I think it stands alone. I liked it a lot.

Blade Runner 2 I just don't care about.

5. I liked the first half of Prometheus. It's the second half where the story goes off the rails. I also wish even the smallest attempt was made to tie in the level of tech with Alien, since it was a prequel and all. Prometheus looks like it takes place a thousand years later.

But it IS an interesting movie, yes, and I'd rather someone strike out trying something different than never get up to bat to begin with.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 26 Nov 2014 at 10:32 AM.

6. I kinda liked Prometheus...

Not sure about this Moses movie though...