Thread: Carfax

1. Carfax

This isn't about using so much as wondering if anyone knows if Carfax is what it appears to be to me:

It looks like Carfax just started making commercials telling people that "reputable dealers" have Carfax and now they are strong arming their way into getting paid by dealers so those dealers have Carfax at their disposal when people come shopping for cars. Which kind of makes Carfax seem like a bully to me, especially with how assholish the people in the commercials are. Or am I reading into this too much?

Any other examples of business strategies like this?

2. I thought the same thing when I saw their newer commercials.

I don't give fux about fax.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. My car runs. Thats about all I care about. I dont care to know about an old change that happened 10 years ago from a reputable shop somewhere a few states over.
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

4. They make more money selling the "service" to dealers than they do to end users. They quickly realized that selling to a person will net you maybe 2-3 users every few years Vs the hundreds an average car deal would do in a month.

Plus: I ran my friends Ford Pickup that was stolen and never recovered in 2009, a year and a half later it still didn't show on the report as a stolen vehicle.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin