Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chess

1. Chess

I heard this is the best game and would like to play it. Can anyone recommend apps, books, or videogames to get me started? Should I bone up before jumping into matches, or would trial by fire better serve me? I know how the pieces move, but have no grasp of strategy whatsoever, especially when it comes to opening a match and using pawns effectively.

2. I use Shredder Pro on my iPad. It's cool because it automatically adjusts the AI after every match. It also had a meter that shows the chance of winning every match, so you know when you done fucked up.

3. Instant feedback on bad moves is the most helpful tool someone at my level (n00b) could hope for. Sold!

4. Do you know how we keep varm in Russssia? Ve Play Chesss.
    Last edited by jyoung; 21 Aug 2011 at 07:13 PM.

You should get Chess With Friends since it is free and I fucking love playing chess and want more people to play against do it.

Oh, and I just got Shredder. Seems awesome so far.

7. I suck at chess. If youthink're good, you should play Josh.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

8. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You should get Chess With Friends since it is free and I fucking love playing chess and want more people to play against do it.
    iOS? If so, I'll play ya.

Yes.

10. Chess is indeed awesome. Used to love taking people on in elementary school during snack time. Get out the goldfish and the chess board!