Page 1 of 28 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 NCAAFB aka Miami's last year of semi-relevance

1. 2011 NCAAFB aka Miami's last year of semi-relevance

It's that time again...they might have to cancel the LSU-Oregon game since there will be no eligible players left by Sept 3.

People seem OK on my alma mater (bowl-eligible) but I just don't see it because they've got a good RB and about nothing else.

But we need a playoff so how about this idea:

If you can't re-align the whole deal, I actually think BCS and computer formulas are fine. Fun fact I learned in that "Death to the BCS" book, which wasn't that great but had moments: One of the 'polls' is made by someone that has no mathematical background at all so WTF. We need better formulas. Ones that don't involve Billingsley, for instance.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...101310&print=1

Take 16 teams
    1) All conference winners that are in the top 25 of the BCS get auto invites (sorry, 2010 Connecticut). Every conference gets a shot. You lose two games in the Sun Belt, tough. You're Notre Dame, tough.
    2) Fill out the remaining teams by going with best BCS standings of those left over.
    3) Only three teams max per conference.

So you have 8 conference winners that qualified last year:
    Auburn
    Oregon
    TCU
    Wisconsin
    Oklahoma
    Boise State
    Virginia Tech
    Central Florida

And the rest:
    Stanford
    Ohio State
    Arkansas
    Michigan State
    LSU
    Missouri
    Oklahoma State
    Nevada

2. I'm calling it right now:

Vanderbilt wins more games this season than the Titans.

Bring on Elon! 2 Weeks 'til kickoff in Nashville!

3. Every championship is just waiting to be vacated. Going by Cam Newton and Ohio State, I don't even think the NCAA cares anymore. The only thing that really separates the top teams from the rest is how dirty they are willing to get.

I wholeheartedly agree with that.

5. I just think it's funny that Dan Wetzel and Yahoo Sports strike more fear into NCAA presidents than the actual NCAA investigative committees.

NP: Megadeth - The System Has Failed
    Last edited by jyoung; 21 Aug 2011 at 07:03 PM.

6. Go Badgers!

7. Other than getting beat by TCU, Wisconsin is just shitting all over NCAA football. They only scored 100 points a game for the last 5 games last year. 51 points in 14 minutes of TOP this game, 7 TDs 1 FG (only because the half ran out) and no punts...

8. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Other than getting beat by TCU, Wisconsin is just shitting all over NCAA football. They only scored 100 points a game for the last 5 games last year. 51 points in 14 minutes of TOP this game, 7 TDs 1 FG (only because the half ran out) and no punts...
    They look pretty good that's for sure. The new QB Wilson already looks better than Tolzien. The defense looks a little suspect though. It's a shame that the only Packer and Badger game I missed last year was the Badger Rose Bowl loss because I was stuck in a damn airport.

9. Notre Dame is on the inside track to a BCS bowl, I see...

Hey! A thunderstom! God even implemented a mercy rule
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 03 Sep 2011 at 05:30 PM.

10. Purdue almost got punk'd at home by Middle Tennessee State.

MTSU was up 20 - 24 late in the 4th quarter, then Purdue went ahead 27 - 24 with under a minute to go. Purdue blocked MTSU's 40-yard field goal on the final play of the game.

Also, WTF at Auburn barely beating Utah State at home 42 - 38.
    Last edited by jyoung; 03 Sep 2011 at 06:12 PM.