Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Mother Has Stage-IV Cancer

1. When it rains, it pours as they say. I empathize with all the families that have to deal with such a difficult situation. I pray she does not have to deal with much pain. We are here for you.

2. I'm glad you will have some more time together and I know that you'll cherish every second of her company. It must feel unreal to be at that point, and I wish atheists had something to say equivalent to "God bless you both," because those words are the best summation of what I feel in this case. Bless you both.

3. Thanks Nick!

Unfortunately, I don't know if she knew I was in the hospital room. They did a scan of her brain, and found 4 spots, with one possibly being the spread of he cancer. She was complaining about the oxygen cord choaking her, even after they took it off of her. They had to give her sedatives and pain injections to settle her down. We're pretty much waiting for the end, because she doesn't appear to be with us.

4. Damn.

5. You have my condolences.
    Currently playing: Binary Domain (PC), EVE Online: Retribution (PC), Guild Wars 2 (PC)

6. So sorry, gamevet.

7. Damn so sorry man, that is just awful.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. i'm sorry to hear that dude
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

9. Terrible news man, my thoughts are with ya, and if there is anything I (or TNL as a whole I'm sure) can do for ya, let us know.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I wish atheists had something to say equivalent to "God bless you both,"...
    They do. And here it is:

"Life grants but a single sincere gift to us all: death."

-Compass, 2011

Not being flip. I can think of few things crueler than if any form of immortality was actually a reality. Still, the actual dying​ part's gotta suck. Especially when cancer's involved. Good luck, gamevet.
    Last edited by Compass; 24 Aug 2011 at 11:12 PM.