Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: My Mother Has Stage-IV Cancer

1. Sorry for your loss, gamevet - she's at peace now, and you'll see her again someday. For now, the best you can do is live a life she'd be proud of and get back to a "normal" life as soon as possible. The pain will never fully go away, but neither will your memories of her.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

2. I've found that for the first few years after losing someone, I tend to get sad whenever I think of them, but after that, I just remember them fondly.
    I'm not sure what exactly triggers the change, but with my dad, I just had a dream one morning where he and I were sitting in our family home having some ordinary conversation, and it didn't strike me as odd that he was still alive. I awoke with a really warm, peaceful feeling, like everything was as it should be, and after that there was no more grief.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I've found that for the first few years after losing someone, I tend to get sad whenever I think of them, but after that, I just remember them fondly.
    I'm not sure what exactly triggers the change, but with my dad, I just had a dream one morning where he and I were sitting in our family home having some ordinary conversation, and it didn't strike me as odd that he was still alive. I awoke with a really warm, peaceful feeling, like everything was as it should be, and after that there was no more grief.
    It's tough being at my parent's home, while waiting on the funeral. I was sitting out in the yard for a minute, and was overcome with sorrow, after looking at my mother's raggedy garden. I could see how much she was struggling, before her final visit to the hospital. She could no longer care for her garden, much like she could no longer endure her struggle against cancer.

I hope that one day I have a dream like yours that will bring comfort, because I have a feeling my father won't be around in another 3 or 4 years either.
    Last edited by gamevet; 31 Aug 2011 at 02:37 AM.

4. Your story was very touching gamervet.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

5. Condolences dude.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

6. Condolences.