Page 1 of 19 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic CD (Android, iOS, PC, PSN, WP7, XBLA)

Sonic Sonic CD (Android, iOS, PC, PSN, WP7, XBLA)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    Sega will re-release platforming classic Sonic CD later this year on a huge array of console and mobile platforms.

Downloadable versions for PC, PSN and XBLA will be accompanied by mobile options for Android, iPhone and iPod touch, iPad and Windows Phone 7.

The game includes the original Japanese soundtrack, also initially used in PAL regions (the different North American soundtrack was however used in the European PS2 and GameCube re-release within the Sonic Gems Collection).

Sega promises new features such as widescreen graphics, "special iOS features", plus the obligatory achievements/trophies for console additions.

First released in 1993 for the Mega Drive's Mega-CD add-on, Sonic CD is widely regarded as one of the best Sonic games.

It's famous for featuring the first appearances of the evil Metal Sonic and new Sonic squeeze Amy Rose.
    Link

Finally! This is easily my favorite platformer, and I'm amazed Sega got the music choice right as well.

2. Nice, I have yet to hear the Japanese soundtrack.

3. I'd pick that up for Android if it runs at a good framerate.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Nice, I have yet to hear the Japanese soundtrack.
    To be honest, it's no better or worse than the American one, people just kind of overreacted because they changed it for literally no reason.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    To be honest, it's no better or worse than the American one, people just kind of overreacted because they changed it for literally no reason.
    That's what I figured.

6. Would have been nice if it had both soundtracks. ...and Sonic Boom > Toot toot Sonic Warrior :P

Who is the doing the port?

7. If it's Backbone then I'm out.

8. Augh, Sonic Boom pisses all over Toot Toot Sonic Warrior.

This is the fucking future, have both soundtracks.

9. Who was it that started the whole They Changed The Soundtrack Wah Wah Wah campaign? Was It Dave and his Zoo Crew or EGM? I don't recall.

10. I have never played this game. I hear good things. I look forward to playing it.