Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you know? IGN makes lists now! (Top 25 TV Comedies)

1. Did you know? IGN makes lists now! (Top 25 TV Comedies)

Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. No Flight of the Conchords on the list?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Flight of the Conchords sucks.

4. Is that opinion possible?

First rule of posting any horseshit list from some place is to copy and paste said horseshit list so that we don't give the place the bandwith.

It is particularly egregious in this case because the #1 title wasn't on a page. No, you had to sit through 60 seconds of some horseshit movie clip before you got to see what it was.

25 spaced
    24 family guy
    23 the state
    22 taxi
    21 muppet show
    20 ben stiller show
    19 futurama
    18 fraiser
    17 chapelle's show
    16 30 rock
    15 larry sanders show
    14 daily show
    13 i love lucy
    12 curb your enthusiasm
    11 cheers
    10 friends
    09 faulty towers
    08 all in the family
    07 saturday night live
    06 office UK
    05 monty python flying circus
    04 south park
    03 seinfeld
    02 simpsons
    01 arrested development

6. TERRIBLE

7. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    No Flight of the Conchords on the list?
    Really? This was your first thought?

8. No Dick van Dyke = fuck off. This list was pretty obviously compiled by someone whose frame of reference begins with 1990, with a few token nods to the absolute most famous earlier shows. To have any business writing this list, the author would need to either be in his 60's or at the very least have grown up mainlining Nick at Nite, back when they were worth a damn showed things more than 10 years old.
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 26 Aug 2011 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. It's not so bad. I'm on board with the top three. The State and Ben Stiller are fairly weak examples of a genre enjoying its peak around their era, though. Picking them over Upright Citizens Brigade, Mr. Show, or even KitH is dubious.

Fuck Friends, get that shit out of here. Everything else is fine I guess. Maybe I'm too easily impressed but I think the recent string of amazing comedies that have completely left the sitcom behind are funnier than anything that's come before.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery