Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Razor Blade: new gaming laptop. i. need. this.

1. Thumbs Up Razor Blade: new gaming laptop. i. need. this.

I look at this and think game changer. Is Razor the next great laptop maker?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/23889...ng_laptop.html

2. It looks nicer than any other gaming laptop, but I could never justify the expense.

No 3D is a failure, especially for $2,800.

4. I really don't see how a little touchpad that does little more than give you a set of pretty, less-tactile function keys is a game changer.

[edit] okay they're real buttons and not "less-tactile", but still... they're just some extra keys that are extra pretty.
    Last edited by FirstBlood; 26 Aug 2011 at 06:39 PM.

lol, who cares about 3D

6. I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

so, is the vice president of intel, russian?

8. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    I really don't see how a little touchpad that does little more than give you a set of pretty, less-tactile function keys is a game changer.

[edit] okay they're real buttons and not "less-tactile", but still... they're just some extra keys that are extra pretty.
    I love the touchpad design, but I was thinking in broader terms. This is design that can go toe to toe with Apple's laptops, and not merely as a follower. It's a premium PC that isn't a bunch of parts stuffed in a cheap shell, and it's exactly what the PC market needs.

I will admit that this version is too large at 17", too expensive, and under spec'd for the price, but it's gen 1. The price and what this model does/doesn't have doesn't concern me that much. I really want to see a whole line of these in 13", 15", and 17" sizes, with tiered hardware configs and BYO option, and retail distribution so it is not another internet only boutique brand no one knows about. They shouldn't brand themselves as gaming PCs at all. Hardly anyone needs a Macbook Pro, people buy them for how they look, how they are built, and the cache of it. This is much more similar to that than a POS Alienware "gaming" laptop.

9. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    This is design that can go toe to toe with Apple's laptops, and not merely as a follower.
    I don't see this being the case at all if it's still running Windows.