Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The East Coast and the Blustery Day

1. My front window's celing collapsed and has been leaking sine last night. Gallons of water would have spread throughout both floors had it not been for a roommate being awake when I got home and being vigilant.

2. Lost electric all night (really sucks when you have well water and septic). Tornado might have touched down 10 miles from where I live. Downed trees everywhere and now the creek near my house is cresting. Possible flooding. Add to the fact brown outs are occurring every half hour.

FUN!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. Only Advocate would have to feel special and have a Tornado hit him during a Hurricane.

4. The place I was evacuated to ended up getting it worse than my house, which had no flooding and power as opposed to my in laws, which had downed trees, no power and flooding. Cry wolf much?

5. Better safe than soggy, I say!

6. When Wilma rolled through we lost power for 3 weeks.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. Some friends of mine in Vermont are stranded because of some overflowing river, but they're on high ground, so they will prevail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I lost power for like five minutes and had no idea what to do with myself. Yes, I understand how pathetic that is.

I also went to Qdoba for lunch and had the Mexican Gumbo.
    I would have spent that five minutes convincing myself that I need a UPS for my computer.

8. Well that was disappointing. Rain to start, followed by a bit of a windy day. I hear inland got hammered a bit, but here on the coast it was a big old nothing. I'm happy I still have a roof and windows and all the other house-type bits, obviously, but this didn't even count as a stormy day.

James

9. I like that I lost internet access hours after the storm passed. Time Warner sucks.

10. I like that this dominated the American news cycle for days. The BBC (Int'l) lost interest when it became obvious it wasn't no thang.