Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Apps Now Available for iPhone and Android

1. TNL Apps Now Available for iPhone and Android

Great news and less-great news:

First, the long awaited iPhone and Android apps are available in their respective stores. The app is named "TNL Forums" in both, so you could search on that or use one of the links below:

TNL Forums Android app

TNL Forums iPhone App

They turned out to be pretty slick - users can easily make posts, upload pictures, and subscribe to threads; moderators can perform some of their actions right on the phone; and the blogs and news articles are supported, for when we start to use those more. I'll throw up a user guide at some point, but the first thing to know is that the apps start you on a Home page and you can use the menu button to open up all the other options, so you can surf in whatever way you prefer.

Now for the downside. Both the apps are glitchy to an extent, but I overcame most of the problems by setting fifteen posts per thread as the default view for TNL. That means if you were using the default setting before, you might notice there are now fewer posts per page. If you do not want to use a phone app and want to increase the number of posts per page, you can do it through your TNL settings: http://www.the-nextlevel.com/tnl/pro...do=editoptions. The option is toward the middle of the page.

There will be an updated version soon, so I hope some of the issues will be addressed in full. In the meantime, tell me what you think below.
    Last edited by Nick; 01 Sep 2011 at 05:15 PM.

2. Posting from it now. I just bought tappatalk two weeks ago so lol at me.

THANK YOU NIIIIIICK
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. You're welcome. Thanks to shidoshi, too, who helped ready the iPhone app for upload. I should point out that he had no input in the design, so it's not a visual masterwork. It looks a ton better than any previous mobile solution we've had, though.

5. I just bought tappatalk two weeks ago so lol at me.
    Same.

You know... I think we all would have paid for this.

7. Wrong.

Nobody cares what you think.

9. Some do.

I doubt that.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by app store
    Rated 12+ for the following:
    • Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
    • Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
    • Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References