Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: the food thread

1. Originally posted by Ashod

I think it's a weird dark paste that you spread on bread. I haven't had it myself and I'm curious to know what the heck is actually in that paste.
    Vegemite is a "concentrated autolyzed yeast extract" Vegemite is nasty as hell. My mom and grandmother are both from Australia and they eat it all the time. They mainly put it on toast. I hate the stuff, just the smell is enough to make me gag.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

2. Ahah. Food. We all love food

Here are some faves of mine:

Pizza - I love pizza. Pretty much any kind. Pizza Hut Super Supreme is very nice. And so their Spicy Chicken one. Digiorno is also not bad, and Tombstone ones.

Plov - Fried rice with meat, carrots and spices. Native Uzbek dish, and very tasty.

Shish-ke-bob(sp? ) - All kinds of meat. Especially done outside, on the grill with smoked flavor

Borsch - Beet soup with various vegiies added. Tasty There are many variations of it in Russia, some hot and some cold.

Hot Dogs - I like hot dogs, different kinds, but usually not big fan of beef ones.

Subs - I usually get Subway ones, like Roasted Chicken, with everything , Sammies Subs are also nice.

3. Vegemite is like the Australian's peanut butter, except nothing like it . Never had it myself.
    I always go for the sesame chicken when eating chinese, that's the best.

4. Mmmmmm food.

I like to cook a lot, and a lot of the food I cook tends to be a bit unique and creative and hard to describe. I mainly like to use Asian and Scandinavian ingredients and flavours, but not generally at the same time.

My favourite foods include:
    Swedish Meatballs
    Swedish Pancakes
    Pancakes
    Chicken Tempura
    Chicken with Black Bean Sauce
    Chicken (stir fry, BBQ, teriyka, fried, etc)
    Noodles
    Couscous
    Waffles
    Rice
    Czech Dumplings
    Chinese Dumpings
    Cauliflower
    Broccoli
    Cucucumers
    Pork Chops (BBQ, teriyaki)
    Shish-kebab / brochette (Steak or chicken)

Food I avoid like the plague:
    All Italian food
    All Mexican food
    Tuna fish
    Most other kinds of seafood, some exceptions though.

5. Originally posted by Despair
    Plov - Fried rice with meat, carrots and spices. Native Uzbek dish, and very tasty.

Shish-ke-bob(sp? ) - All kinds of meat. Especially done outside, on the grill with smoked flavor
    Despair, I'm coming over for dinner.

6. Originally posted by Hot Like Wasabi

Vegemite is a "concentrated autolyzed yeast extract" Vegemite is nasty as hell. My mom and grandmother are both from Australia and they eat it all the time. They mainly put it on toast. I hate the stuff, just the smell is enough to make me gag.
    Yeah, Vegemite is one of those things you have to be braught up on to like. Its salty and strong as hell, and has a taste all its own. It doesn't go with much, except for bread, butter, cheese and Saos (biscuity things). Its also one of the worlds best known sources of vitamin B.

I suggest you try it one time.

I dare you to eat it with a spoon . I get made fun of by my peers for putting it on too thick, and even I can't handle a spoon of the stuff.

also, If you ever get the chance, try Tim Tams aka Cookie god. Its 2 bar shaped chocolate cookies with chocolate filling in between, coated in milk chocolate. It truly is the nicest Cookie in the world.

7. Fried Reindeer
    Mashed Potatoes
    Cold Milk
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

8. Just a little thing I'd like to add to this discussion... as far as sweets/desserts, nothing beats a fresh, hot classic-style Krispy Kreme donut.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids