Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turbografx CD system

Turbografx CD system

I want to get a Turbografx CD system to go with the TG16 I modded a couple of weeks ago. It seems to be really difficult to find these days, ebay just has ridiculous BIN's, and nobody on PCFX has one either. So, if anybody has one laying around that they aren't using and would like some cash, sell it to me! And yes, I know what they are worth these days, and yes, I'm willing to pay it.

Obviously I'd prefer a working unit, but if the CD drive doesn't work anymore I'd still take it if it was cheap enough, since I should be able to repair the common issues the drives have. Also, if someone has just the bare CD drive, I know a dude who is selling the dock, so I could still use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

Sorry I'd sell you my Duo but that's not what you need.

3. Sell me your duo.

SSJN, I warned you about going there. Get a stack of CDRs and for God's sake, stay the hell off of Ebay!

Also, I got the Turbo CD from a guy on PCFX a week or so ago

The CDRs ruin the laser.

That's bullshit. Bad ISO's causing the laser to work too hard ruins the lasers. 1:1 copies on good quality discs are fine.

7. You could replace a few lasers and still have spent less than acquiring the actual games would cost.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    That's bullshit. Bad ISO's causing the laser to work too hard ruins the lasers. 1:1 copies on good quality discs are fine.
    PC Engine games are dirt cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Korian View Post
    PC Engine games are dirt cheap.
    The prices are rising at a rather alarming rate at the moment. It's a bad time to be trying to buy PCE/TG16 stuff, unfortunately. The US stuff is getting ridiculous, and the gaijin friendly PCE games are starting to creep up as well. But hey, I love the system

What games are you looking for?