Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/11

1. Just so long as they don't attack on 6/9. Killing the joy of mutual oral sex... now that's pure evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    We may start to hear about this instead.
    Adam Gadhan. Back in the news again.

9/11 kind of reminds me of how in high school, most people were jack holes who thought they were immortal. And then someone would wrap their car around a tree being a dumb ass and die. Then everyone would feel bad. Not because they knew the guy who died or cared about him or his family, but because it made them question their position in life. And all the smart kids end up looking like dicks or having to keep their mouth shut because if they speak freely, everyone thinks they are being mean because they had been questioning their position in life since like 3rd grade.

I think there is a Daria episode about this.

Anyway, I wish "summer" would come for the US, and all the fuckheads in this country would forget about being scared by the idea that Americans are not unattackable gods. They have no business worrying about such things because they over react and do stupid shit like the patriot act.

I mean honestly, we reacted in the worst way possible. We as a nation proved that they can scare us. And that is all they wanted. Like some kind of murderious internet troll, all they wanted was a reaction. So their leaders could tell their people "look, they are not Gods. They are fearful and if you strike them they can bleed and die."

4. If it bleeds, we can kill it.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

5. I ain't got time to bleed.

You got time to duck?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I'm a member of the media and yes, I've been doing these inane stories as well. Mostly video interviews with people who have lost loved ones, memorial services, shit like that. I can't wait for Monday so it'll all stop.
    You should tell your boss "No."
    Boo, Hiss.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I mean honestly, we reacted in the worst way possible. We as a nation proved that they can scare us. And that is all they wanted. Like some kind of murderious internet troll, all they wanted was a reaction. So their leaders could tell their people "look, they are not Gods. They are fearful and if you strike them they can bleed and die."
    9/11 wasn't about creating fear or breaking the American spirit. It was never even about us at all. It was about the Americanization of the middle east. It was an effort to get us to react in a way that would seem overtly anti-Islamic to the Muslim world, so that religious leaders could convince kids in Saudi Arabia to not wear blue jeans. It was a way of baiting us into percieved "war on Islam" so Muslims would reject American ideals and culture.

It was and is a culture war, not an effort to destroy America 3,000 people at a time. They don't really give two fucks about what we do over here, they care about American culture and influence encroaching on traditional Islamic values in their own region.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 09 Sep 2011 at 06:06 PM.

9. I know it's a typo, but can we start calling it the Middle Easy from here on out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    9/11 wasn't about creating fear or breaking the American spirit. It was never even about us at all. It was about the Americanization of the middle east. It was an effort to get us to react in a way that would seem overtly anti-Islamic to the Muslim world, so that religious leaders could convince kids in Saudi Arabia to not wear blue jeans. It was a way of baiting us into percieved "war on Islam" so Muslims would reject American ideals and culture.
    tin foil hat