20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 10.00%
  • No

5 25.00%
  • Depends on what they did

13 65.00%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9111213

Thread: Do You Seperate A Person's Output From Their Politics/Actions?

1. lol @ Brisco and his race hang-ups and insecurities. Also, it's "Kosmo."

I can separate just fine as long as it is​ separate.

2. Malum prohibitum vs. malum en se.

People know what's inherently wrong; murder, rape, stealing, in some cases lying etc. If someone does something of that nature it's harder to forgive. Michael Vick? I don't know... I mean I love dogs but murdering a dog is not on the level with murdering a human IMO. I mean I'm not happy about it and he's a dick but I can get over it. It really doesn't have anything to do with him playing football - he did his time and that's enough.

Things that are illegal just because they're annoying and prohibitive to a certain group (parking on the street for example) aren't huge deals for me when people cross that line. Relationships fall under this for me. Those laws are there to sort out the family difficulties in the eyes of the court. If they don't effect his job performance then I don't care. This is why guys who run on family values and are caught get accosted while others can slide on by. Some most guys don't even care about cheating much if at all. This is why I don't consider it inherently evil or bad enough to hold against someone. Not enough to take their job away or lay waste to all of their good works.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 10 Sep 2011 at 08:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."