Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amiga with 3.5" disk drive

1. Amiga with 3.5" disk drive

I inherited an Amiga and its drive from a family friend a couple years back and have no idea what to do with it. It's untested but they took good care of their stuff, so I've got every reason to think that it works as good as the day it was made. Anyone want to give it a good home? If you want to pay shipping I'll sent it anywhere on the planet.

James
    Last edited by James; 04 Mar 2012 at 06:56 PM.

2. I've always wanted one!

3. Amiga's don't have 5 1/4" floppy, it's a 3.5 inch.

Do you know what model it is?
    Last edited by gamevet; 04 Mar 2012 at 06:50 PM.

4. What's a floppy drive?

What we used to call your mother's love box.

6. If that Amiga is a 2000 or 3000, I'd be really interested in it.

7. Well what do you know, it is 3.5". The drive is so wide I just assumed it was 5 1/4.

Model A500

This is why it needs a good home. I don't know a thing about any of this. SSJN, it's all yours if you want it.

Oh, and it's also got a 2-button mouse.

James

8. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Well what do you know, it is 3.5". The drive is so wide I just assumed it was 5 1/4.

Model A500

This is why it needs a good home. I don't know a thing about any of this. ARBM, it's all yours if you want it.

Oh, and it's also got a 2-button mouse.

James
    They all come with the mouse, unless someone lost it.

If it doesn't have the television adaptor, he'll need to either get that, or a Commodore monitor like the 1084s. I have an Amiga 500 and the monitor.

9. RGB video cable is what it comes with, near as I can tell. I'm looking up how the disk drive gets power, though, because I might be missing that cable.

I grew up the the Commodore 64! Amiga was after my high school PC time and before I got back into computers with my kick-ass awesome 486 66 DX w/ 16MB RAM.

James
    Last edited by James; 04 Mar 2012 at 07:07 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    RGB video cable is what it comes with, near as I can tell. I'm looking up how the disk drive gets power, though, because I might be missing that cable.

I grew up the the Commodore 64! Amiga was after my high school PC time and before I got back into computers with my kick-ass awesome 486 66 DX w/ 16MB RAM.

James
    There should be an internal DD in the Amiga 500. Do you not have the powerbrick?

If you have an external DD as well, it will get power through the serial cable.

Here's a picture of my Amiga 500 with an external DD and the powerbrick.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0338.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	64924  
    Last edited by gamevet; 04 Mar 2012 at 07:18 PM.