Page 57 of 79 FirstFirst ... 435355565758596171 ... LastLast

Thread: The Owl - Feedback

1. I think when taken into account, certain aspects of story telling can be used in a myriad, or plethora of ways to both tell a story and set a certain environment or ambiance if you will in which a story can possibly be told. It seems to me, being an outsider looking in, or rather listening in, that when a story teller begins to tell his (or her, women often are quite capable at relaying stories in which a female story is being told) story a story is being told and that when a listener is listening to the story being told that in fact is the genesis, the birth of the story. If someone were in an empty desert and that individual began to tell a story, would it really count as a story being told if there was no one to listen to it? I don't believe it to be so. A story told to an audience of no one is not a story at all, but merely a monologue. A proverbial dictated session of self molestation, and with that I will now segue into something about homosexuals and transgendered folk.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I'm not knocking it, it's really beautiful and whimsical and blah blah blah. Just saying.
    Your point is well taken. I enjoyed it because I love the relationships between the father/mother and especially the two sisters. It is so heartwarming to see the 2 of them having adventures and seeing things that only children can see. I draw a parallel between my wife and her younger sister, the bond that they have is what life is all about. Contrast my own relationship with my older brother (whom I do not want to speak to again) makes this all the more moving.

That, and the fact that there is a magical "dragon" cat (chinese translation of Totoro).

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I think when taken into account, certain aspects of story telling can be used in a myriad, or plethora of ways to both tell a story and set a certain environment or ambiance if you will in which a story can possibly be told. It seems to me, being an outsider looking in, or rather listening in, that when a story teller begins to tell his (or her, women often are quite capable at relaying stories in which a female story is being told) story a story is being told and that when a listener is listening to the story being told that in fact is the genesis, the birth of the story. If someone were in an empty desert and that individual began to tell a story, would it really count as a story being told if there was no one to listen to it? I don't believe it to be so. A story told to an audience of no one is not a story at all, but merely a monologue. A proverbial dictated session of self molestation, and with that I will now segue into something about homosexuals and transgendered folk.
    I'm going to punch you in the face.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Seriously icarus, what was your plan on bioilluminating soup?
    you never answered this question? Saddleface here needs to know!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. I have to ask based on the FB post, did icarus really make a fruit roll up out of a carrot? I was completely intrigued by that idea.

6. Doc, we haven't ordered any of the algae yet, but that's the "plan" as of now.

Pineapple - yes.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. I fixed the logo for the restaurant.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	theowl.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	65688  

Needs something at the top. How bout "Fuck all y'all." 'Cause it's southern.

9. You should share it on your facebook.

No jackets allowed. Enforce the rule with a bike chain.