Page 63 of 79 FirstFirst ... 495961626364656777 ... LastLast

Thread: The Owl - Feedback

1. I'd tell my Jewish friends, 'Look we're going to this German guy's pizza house; put on this blonde wig and blue contacts, and just don't think too much about what's firing the brick oven...'
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Good on you Ic. Keep us updated on how people deal with the fb post.

This is something I've thought off and on about. I hope to one day have some kind of business, and it might be located in MS (MS would be a great place for a factory. Low overhead, no unions, etc). And one day I will probably open my less stupid mouth to let all the stupid bigots know what I think of them.

3. Honestly, I don't see why owning and operating a business gives you a right to espouse your personal opinions in public.

I thought being a human gave you the right to espouse your personal opinions in public?

It is 2012, right? We're not all a bunch of Victorian prudes, are we?

5. Well, i know a particular lady in your immediate ancestral line who is certainly no victorian prude.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I thought being a human gave you the right to espouse your personal opinions in public?

It is 2012, right? We're not all a bunch of Victorian prudes, are we?
    Ok so you, as a person, believe in gay marriage. What the fuck does that have to do with the small business you own and operate?

It's pandering at best, and shoving your views down someone elses' throat at worst.

Thats life man. I don't know what to tell you if you honestly think we should make it where people can't use the things they acquire in life to spread their views.

What would be the alternatives? We all politely write down our ideas on note cards, then pass them around and read them? Everyone just keep their opinions to themselves? How would the second idea benefit a democracy? Isn't that how bigotry persist in this nation? That entire states just ignore or don't hear better ideas and opinions?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Thats life man. I don't know what to tell you if you honestly think we should make it where people can't use the things they acquire in life to spread their views. s?
    I'm not saying it should be illegal. I just think it's tacky and weird.

What would be the alternatives? We all politely write down our ideas on note cards, then pass them around and read them? Everyone just keep their opinions to themselves? How would the second idea benefit a democracy? Isn't that how bigotry persist in this nation? That entire states just ignore or don't hear better ideas and opinions?
    The alternative is that you keep your personal views separate from the business you run. A restaurant doesn't need to have an opinion on gay marriage.
    Last edited by dave is ok; 09 May 2012 at 12:31 PM.

You have an oddly distorted idea of what small businesses are.

The Owl belongs to Ic. It is his. Like a car or house or tv. He even owns the property. He can do what he wants to with it. It is part of his person.

Hell, what he is doing is kind of like art. Are you going to tell someone they can't share their views with their art?

A restaurant doesn't need to have an opinion on gay marriage.
    America would be a very dull place if we only did the things we "needed" to do.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    You have an oddly distorted idea of what small businesses are.

The Owl belongs to Ic. It is his. Like a car or house or tv. He even owns the property. He can do what he wants to with it. It is part of his person.

America would be a very dull place if we only did the things we "needed" to do.
    You're retarded. I'm not disputing the fact that he can do what he wants. I'm only stating that his restaurant relies on the patronage of others. His car and house and television do not.

To drive away potential customers just to make a cheap political point seems like a bad business idea to me. He's a restaurateur. Not a politician.
    Last edited by dave is ok; 09 May 2012 at 12:39 PM.