Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A question for freelance artist and graphic designers

1. This is the one thread where cheeks asks for advice and then doesn't clutch his blanky and cry in the corner when his predetermined answer turns out to be wrong, right?

2. hahahaha finch!

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    You have no sympathy for the freelance artist trying to make a living? I have no sympathy for you being dumb and not making contracts or "oh boo hoo I give info to TNL for free because I'm cool like that" nonsense.
    What kind of fag asks for a contract with a friend?

People keep bringing that up, and I have to wonder, do any of you really do that? Do you make out contracts when dealing with very small jobs for people in your personal life? Do you inhale Wang that much? You and the people you befriend can't keep your own word or negotiate issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    This is the one thread where cheeks asks for advice and then doesn't clutch his blanky and cry in the corner when his predetermined answer turns out to be wrong, right?
    this is so incredibly back handed.

I said I was wrong and thanks for the information, and you still feel the need to drag this tired thing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    And cheeks, come on. You need 6 copies on one page, my little sister can do that with Word. You don't need a master file for that stuff.
    that was a generic example. I'm not actually going to discuss what I'm doing with this file here. Copy/paste would have ruined the final product.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    What kind of fag asks for a contract with a friend?
    None, because real friends have no issue and actually ASK ME to make a contract. They say "I wanna do right by you, you're a professional and should be treated like one"

If it's work for friends/fam whatever for free or as a favor, I don't give a shit. The moment it involves money, and they're the ones to offer that, they're also the ones who say they wanna do it "right"

People keep bringing that up, and I have to wonder, do any of you really do that? Do you make out contracts when dealing with very small jobs for people in your personal life? Do you inhale Wang that much? You and the people you befriend can't keep your own word or negotiate issues?
    See above. I'm tired of repeating myself and your juvenile "YOU ASK FOR CONTRACTS OMG YOU SUCK WANG I WIN AT DEBATING THIS"

1) I wouldn't do work for a friend I couldn't trust.
    1a) I don't have friends I wouldn't trust.
    2) They're usually the ones to ask to do a contract.
    2a) They do this because, as a friend who really is a friend, knows, appreciates, and respects that I'm a professional at this crap
    3) Due to all this, I don't think a contract is *needed* but I'll still do it, as a formality. It also keeps consistency - you never know when that ONE PERSON WHO INHALES WANG is gonna try and act like paying me something means they get to make rules up as things go along. 5 months later, I've done hundreds of hours of work for $100? No thanks.
    4) I don't think any of that logic equates to the amount of "wang" one could inhale.
    5) Seriously, stop your belly-aching, especially if one post later you're like "oh no, I totally know I was in the wrong whoops"
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

I don't think I'd even thought to ask for one before this thread. I've never been involved in a contract for anything, or heard people talk about them.

8. Last time I post in this thing because:

1) I want Finch to draw more owls
    2) THIS is what an asshole designer could do (and he's still within the right to): http://www.27bslash6.com/bob.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

because that is totally the same thing. A guy who making very little money, getting help from a friend, is just like some executive who lost some files. You figured me out Hero. I'm an angry fat cat, swimming in money.