View Poll Results: Do you Care about Africa?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 18.18%
  • No

9 81.82%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You Concerned About the Situation in Africa?

I am infinity more concerned with the situation in Baltimore. I don't know anyone in Africa.

2. I know it's hip to say "that doesn't affect me, I don't care", but that mentality is really going to do us all in. You'd have to be a mental invalid or child to not see that.
    Why do I click on these threads?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I know it's hip to say "that doesn't affect me, I don't care", but that mentality is really going to do us all in.
    It already is killing us. Right now.
    Last edited by Type Ryan; 22 Sep 2011 at 12:02 PM.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Why do I click on these threads?
    Because fuck you.

5. Weird, I spent a large chunk of my afternoon reading about Africa yesterday or the day before. Mostly about Rhinos though, Happy World Rhino Day! (It's today, you know)

The amount of children starving or dying during childbirth is staggering, and pretty heart wrenching to think about, especially when accompanied with pictures. But they aren't the only continent that has experienced devastating famine, corruption, disease, etc. Because of the time, they receive a lot more aid than suffering populations did in the past.

I don't really think sending food is going to help, give a man a fish, feed him for a day, etc. Whatever billions of dollars the U.N and rest of the world send in aid is only going to be a temporary relief on a population that can't sustain itself, and the conditions are getting worse, not better. What Africa is going through now is more than drought, mainly poor governance (but we all know that). Other countries in Africa that have made serious agricultural investments have seen improvement and the occurrence of drought hasn't been nearly as devastating.

Not having 5 kids might make things better until a real solution is finally realized, though. I know things like rape exist, but what the hell are they doing over there? We should drop them a box of condoms with every box of food.

We should focus on making our country an acceptable place to live before we go out and try to save the world. Our government has zero responsibility to help Africa crawl out of the shit. This is not to say that, maybe, a couple of the multi-zillionaires that live in this country shouldn't consider kicking out some money to help other people. Philanthropy, man.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rated E View Post
    We should drop them a box of condoms with every box of food.
    I'm pretty sure they do send tons of condoms.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...rica-world-cup
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...dge_rules.html

State=situation

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbitron View Post
    OVER 46 MILLION AMERICANS ARE LIVING IN POVERTY AFRICA CAN SUCK AN EXHAUST PIPE.
    Does Africa have food shelves?

Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    So, what's the over/under on Korian hitting his Threads achievement? At this rate, I say two weeks. Any takers?
    Nope I'm not even in the running? Truth