View Poll Results: Do you Care about Africa?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 18.18%
  • No

9 81.82%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You Concerned About the Situation in Africa?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Tell them to wear rubbers when then rape each other and maybe AIDS wouldn't be so rampant there.
    It's Men with Aids raping babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I am infinity more concerned with the situation in Baltimore. I don't know anyone in Africa.
    Does Baltimore have a number of starving Kids with the HIV?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    The key is not just having them, but using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rated E View Post
    Weird, I spent a large chunk of my afternoon reading about Africa yesterday or the day before. Mostly about Rhinos though, Happy World Rhino Day! (It's today, you know)

The amount of children starving or dying during childbirth is staggering, and pretty heart wrenching to think about, especially when accompanied with pictures. But they aren't the only continent that has experienced devastating famine, corruption, disease, etc. Because of the time, they receive a lot more aid than suffering populations did in the past.

I don't really think sending food is going to help, give a man a fish, feed him for a day, etc. Whatever billions of dollars the U.N and rest of the world send in aid is only going to be a temporary relief on a population that can't sustain itself, and the conditions are getting worse, not better. What Africa is going through now is more than drought, mainly poor governance (but we all know that). Other countries in Africa that have made serious agricultural investments have seen improvement and the occurrence of drought hasn't been nearly as devastating.

Not having 5 kids might make things better until a real solution is finally realized, though. I know things like rape exist, but what the hell are they doing over there? We should drop them a box of condoms with every box of food.
    The Rebels are stealing the aid.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    The key is not just having them, but using them.
    Most rapists don't use condoms. Shit I bet you guys wish there was auto merge.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    We should focus on making our country an acceptable place to live before we go out and try to save the world. Our government has zero responsibility to help Africa crawl out of the shit. This is not to say that, maybe, a couple of the multi-zillionaires that live in this country shouldn't consider kicking out some money to help other people. Philanthropy, man.
    We have a responsibility if we can invade Iraq for oil we can sure help out other Countries.

7. They also forced clinical trials for Depo shot in africa, among other places. I say forced because they were not made aware of much information about the 'contraceptive'

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I know it's hip to say "that doesn't affect me, I don't care", but that mentality is really going to do us all in. You'd have to be a mental invalid or child to not see that.
    Why do I click on these threads?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Kyosalad View Post
    They also forced clinical trials for Depo shot in africa, among other places. I say forced because they were not made aware of much information about the 'contraceptive'
    Yeah it's off the market.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Korian View Post
    Nope I'm not even in the running? Truth
    That certainly hasn't stopped you from trying.

I'm with Josh. Let's fix our own problems first. Then we can act as caretaker for the rest of the world.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill