View Poll Results: Do you Care about Africa?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 18.18%
  • No

9 81.82%
Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You Concerned About the Situation in Africa?

Are You Concerned About the Situation in Africa?

It saddens me so deeply that there are over 700,000 Africans starving and dying of Aids. Yet do people care? We are in the longest war in history but Africa needs help. I read a story about a man having to leave his teenage children to die because he had to choose between them and his younger ones. What should be done? Do you even fucking care! Genocide is awful.

Last edited by Korian; 22 Sep 2011 at 01:50 AM.

2. I saw the thread title from the main page as "Do you care about..." and clicked on it hoping it would be something I cared about. Alas, this is what I find.

I care about many things but I had an epiphany yesterday. I was bumping a Joe Budden track and chilling out as I've hit rock bottom in my life and I thought this needs to be brought up.

4. Do we capitalize those now?

Back on topic: I care about the people in this country more than the ones in Africa. Is that callous? Sure. But we need to fix our own problems before we can go out fixing everyone else's. You can't help everyone all the time. It's just not possible.

5. OVER 46 MILLION AMERICANS ARE LIVING IN POVERTY AFRICA CAN SUCK AN EXHAUST PIPE.

6. This thread made me laugh.

7. I once went down there and blessed the rains.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

8. Tell them to wear rubbers when then rape each other and maybe AIDS wouldn't be so rampant there.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 22 Sep 2011 at 10:50 AM.

9. So, what's the over/under on Korian hitting his Threads achievement? At this rate, I say two weeks. Any takers?
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill