Page 1 of 93 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Official 2011-2012 thread

1. NHL Official 2011-2012 thread

So glad its hockey season again!

Also, the NeNHL draft is 6pm est for those involved.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    So glad its hockey season again!
    I'm pretty excited about it too.

Also, the NeNHL draft is 6pm est for those involved.
    I'm kicking myself for somehow completely forgetting it, sorry about that (although the autodraft didn't do a horrible job).

Hockey!
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. Brendan Shanahan will be the most feared man in the NHL this year. Lots of suspension vids on NHL.com.

Sykora is going to make the Devils roster.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

lol he did.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

7. I'm really curious to see if the offseason acquisitions it made will help the Caps mature inside the locker room. In any case, the real season won't start until April.

I am, however, looking forward to seeing Matt Cooke get his ass handed to him this year. *fingers crossed*.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

8. Predators' opening day roster:

FORWARDS (15): Niclas Bergfors, Martin Erat, Mike Fisher-IR, Blake Geoffrion, Matt Halischuk, Patric Hornqvist, Sergei Kostitsyn, David Legwand, Cal O'Reilly, Craig Smith, Jerred Smithson, Nick Spaling, Zack Stortini, Jordin Tootoo and Colin Wilson.

DEFENSEMEN (8): Teemu Laakso, Jonathon Blum, Francis Bouillon-IR, Mattias Ekholm, Jack Hillen, Kevin Klein, Ryan Suter and Shea Weber

GOALTENDERS (2): Anders Lindback and Pekka Rinne.
    6 new players who weren't on the team last season, so it should be an interesting first game against Columbus, especially with Fisher on IR.
    Last edited by jyoung; 05 Oct 2011 at 03:18 PM.

9. Sean Avery got assigned to the AHL. Torterella made no bones about the reasons why:
    http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-to-agent.html

10. Long story short, imo the Toronto Maple Leafs will finally return to the playoffs!

I think they have the forwards (not spectacular but good enough), the defensemen, the goaltenders, and possibly the coaches to make it happen.

We shall see.

PS. Tim Connolly is already on IR.

PPS. Sean Avery may be in the minors, but he'll always be a major-league cocksucker.