Thread: The Shining II: The Reckoning and 11/22/63

1. The Shining II: The Reckoning and 11/22/63

At an awards ceremony at George Mason University last Friday, Stephen King regaled audiences with a chapter from Doctor Sleep, his upcoming novel about a grown-up Danny Torrance from The Shining.

In the book, Danny is a hospice worker who uses his powers to help ill patients to pass away without pain. Unfortunately, he runs afoul of a gang of wandering psychic vampires who feed on people's energy.

Ok.

I'm rather excited about his book due out Nov. 8th called 11/22/63 about a guy who finds a portal to 1958 in a diner and vows to stop Oswald from killing Kennedy.
    Last edited by MechDeus; 29 Sep 2011 at 05:55 PM.
    There are only murderers in this room! Michael! Open your eyes! This is the life we chose, the life we lead. And there is only one guarantee: none of us will see heaven.

2. I thought he retired.

3. it's pretty riveting stuff. It seems like a straight forward underwater horror story with killer Mermen/Merpeople but there also seems to be a bigger meta story happening in the background which has weirder stuff going on involving Mars, possible alien artifacts, and a futuristic dystopia.
    "Hafiz Ali"

4. Tell me more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    No one uses sigs.

5. Did you get very far?
    There are only murderers in this room! Michael! Open your eyes! This is the life we chose, the life we lead. And there is only one guarantee: none of us will see heaven.

Did she put up a fight?