Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: X68000, MSX, FM Towns, Thread

1. Kotaku published a pretty cool article about a guy preserving and archiving Japanese computer games.
    https://kotaku.com/saving-japans-games-1819339226

I normally avoid reading anything from Chris Kohler (because of his Nintendo fanboy-twisted damaging view of gaming history) but this looks interesting for what the preserver guy has to say.

edit - Interesting read. It's great we have people trying to preserve games although I think a ton of stuff is going to get lost to time. Even a lot of games in digital form on the internet will still have to kept by someone. If the hosting sites go down and they're not put into maintained computerized museums, they will disappear.
    Last edited by NeoZeedeater; 22 Oct 2017 at 11:46 AM.

Completely agree about Kohler. His lack of ability also makes it impossible for him to appreciate a lot of classic titles. Then he posts a tweet about buying a French copy of Terranigma and whining that the seller had previously opened it "to make sure everything was inside." Why the fuck do you need a sealed French copy of Terranigma?

4. If you're selling a sealed item, why would you open it to check its contents once it sold? Seems like a legit gripe.

It was sold as open, he got it for "cheap." He was lamenting that it wasn't sealed since the seller mentioned only ever opening it once.

6. OOOHHHHH. Then yeah, eff that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Interesting read. It's great we have people trying to preserve games although I think a ton of stuff is going to get lost to time. Even a lot of games in digital form on the internet will still have to kept by someone. If the hosting sites go down and they're not put into maintained computerized museums, they will disappear.
    very true. The internet has not been the data historian so many had hoped it would be.