Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Standby Flights

1. Yeah, well I already roughly know whats going on through basic shit, so I will be able to know a decent deal if I see one. I am going to try that layover trick though for sure.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

2. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Yeah, well I already roughly know whats going on through basic shit, so I will be able to know a decent deal if I see one. I am going to try that layover trick though for sure.
    You won't be able to bring any luggage though, will you?
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

3. Just my carry-on, which is all I really need.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

4. That's really the way to go. There's no point spending time standing around a baggage carousel or lugging a big suitcase around if your whole reason for travelling is to have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post

I was put on standby when I was coming back from London. They sold my morning ticket for something like 2000-3000$ and then put me on standby. I was on stand by for like 12-15 hours before getting a standby flight to NY.
    You have absolutely no idea concerning the details of them selling your ticket, do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    You have absolutely no idea concerning the details of them selling your ticket, do you.
    I have a pretty good idea. It really wasn't a big secret that day.

They were buying people's tickets back from them all day and putting them up in the hotel air port for free. There were several families that were on holiday that took them up on it. One family had been doing it four days and had made like 500-750 $ frequent flyer miles too. And it wasn't hard to see what they resold the tickets for. They had internet in the terminal, you just had to log in and see what the ticket price was for that flight.

If I remember correctly, two airlines had to shut down that week and canceled a bunch of flights back to the US, which made all the other ticket prices sky rocket.