Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rocksmith Official Thread

I had 2011, and wanted to play it more but I was too lazy and distracted. Hope it works for you! I think I'll get 2014 eventually.

I assume you have the PC version since you mentioned custom tracks?
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

My friend got me this. It's ok.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. Yup, PC version. The Uplay isn't as bad as I expected — it actually doesn't load the launcher thing at all. It just launches straight from Steam. Phew.

I have this but haven't tried it yet.

Diff has it too, and plays it a lot

5. Yep. I really enjoy it. It's a lot of fun. The Riff Repeater is great, you can really sit there and work stuff out and build up to playing the song. For $60 or whatever, it's a no-brainer for anyone who wants to learn. I wish this thing was around when I was in college. You can use the cable outside of the program too.

BUT, it's not a cheat code. If you really want to become good you still need to practice scales and drills to build up technique. The game may register a hammer on you do just fine, but it will sound like shit unless you actually put some time into it. Now I probably play 50% RS and 50% on my own, but to be fair, before I got it I was playing 0% everywhere (I haven't played in many years).

I also think the wrong stuff gets focused on in reviews. Guitarcade is stupid as hell, but Session Mode is really great. The amp and pedal modeling and tones is also really cool. So pair the two up and you have this cool and inviting thing for people to mess around with and practice. I wish they would flesh out that part. They give you a really short description of the different pedals and amps and how they link together but they could go a lot further to push people towards experimenting IMO.

edit: one major complaint: The DLC is awful. They update weekly but it's been crapola for months now. Matchbox 20, A Day to Remember, Heart, Boston, etc. People on the FB page are complaining constantly. I'm not expecting Metallica or Tool anytime soon but there are plenty of good bands in the game that could use a DLC, like QOTSA. I have money and would like to give them some of it.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 30 Mar 2014 at 06:59 AM.

I wouldn't mind learning one song by Heart. Matchbox 20 can go die in a fire

7. edit: one major complaint: The DLC is awful. They update weekly but it's been crapola for months now. Matchbox 20, A Day to Remember, Heart, Boston, etc. People on the FB page are complaining constantly. I'm not expecting Metallica or Tool anytime soon but there are plenty of good bands in the game that could use a DLC, like QOTSA. I have money and would like to give them some of it.
    Agreed. You should check out the CustomsForge DLC. They only do files that aren't already available as DLC, so it's not like you're ripping anyone off (in my mind, at least). There's a ton of Metallica and Tool. http://search.customsforge.com/# (youtube directions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh357n6mU70)