Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your top 20 movies OF ALL TIME?

1. Citizen Kane is also a good movie but I have not watched it in five years or so, since I lost the DVD.

2. I haven't seen Casablanca since I was like 13. I should rewatch it.

3. Since this is a list of favorites, and not The Best it's a little easier to pull off. The numerical order is only there to make sure I got twenty.
    I think the "purest" way to get a Favorites list out there is to just jot down the first things that come to you. I didn't want to over think it or pad it with obscure shit or critically acclaimed shit in order to seem cool. I also didn't really look at what anyone else wrote so that I wouldn't be influenced by others.
    So here they are, my twenty favorite movies of all time.

1. Once Upon a Time in the West
    2. The Lost Highway
    3. The Birds
    4. Gone With The Wind
    5. Casablanca
    6. The Third Man
    7. Seven Samurai
    8. Cool Hand Luke
    9. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
    10. Explorers
    11. The Eiger Sanction
    12. The Big Lebowski
    13. Spirited Away
    14. Akira
    15. Blazing Saddles
    16. History of the World part 1
    17. Back to the Future
    18. The Lost Boys
    19. Breakfast at Tiffanys
    20. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Casablanca not showing up on people's lists makes me sad.
    ORLY?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Casablanca is great! But I like Maltese more and listed it. 20 was hard and I wanted variety and not all Westerns, Horror and Noir.
    For me it was Westerns, 80's, and Noir.

5. My girlfriend puts on Gone With the Wind to fall asleep to, so I've seen the first five minutes 900 times.

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night to this:

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I think the "purest" way to get a Favorites list out there is to just jot down the first things that come to you.
    For me it's replay value. The first ten I have watched too many times to count and the second ten 20+. There are others, so I went with some variety. Your approach is also similar, but I knocked off ones I didn't watch as much. also: Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Predator, Indiana Jones, Star Wars...

Mother Fucker... I forgot Nightmare. Goddamn! How can I not have Nightmare on Elm Street up there? Oh well, I got Alien and Chain Saw...

Anyway, I watched those movies a lot as a kid and got burned out on them. So, they are not on the list. Some will return. Star Wars and Indy never will, as their creators ruined them for me.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 25 Oct 2011 at 04:04 PM.

7. I was in my late twenties the first time I saw Gone with the Wind. It was one of those things I'd always heard about and I knew the general story and plenty of lines from it thanks to pop culture references but never cared to sit down to watch it. Then one day someone traded in the dvd and I was bored so I watched it.
    I was AMAZED.
    It's very long so I can understand some faggots not getting into, but it mixes so many different genre elements into one movie so well. I loved how Scarlett was a total self serving cunt. I loved how Melanie tried to be decent and was always getting fucked for it, just like in "real life."

1939 was the best year ever for movies, but that can be another thread.

8. Bueller and Breakfast Club are big favorites of mine, but like doc said you can watch stuff so much that you burn out on it.
    Then there's shit like Explorers. I haven't watched that movie since I was a kid, but I loved it so much that it's stuck with me all these years.
    I'm sure if I tried to watch it now it would seem like crap like so many things were that I liked when I was young. But the memories I have of it are perfect.

9. Also Rhett was the fucking man. Dude was a pirate

And Ashley wanted to fuck Scarlet but he didn't want to put up with her shit. The way all men should be.

10. Dylon
    Dylon
    Dylon
    Dylon
    Dylon
    Dylon
    Dylon
    Dylon
    Dylon
    Dylon
    Dylon
    Dylon