Page 105 of 110 FirstFirst ... 91101103104105106107109 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1094

Thread: Grand Theft Auto 5

Yeah, I can't imagine there are very many Blu-Ray drives in gaming PCs.

Only really big titles even get boxed PC releases these days, but I like the ones that do, thanks to Best Buy's GCU and reward cert preorder offers.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Yeah, I can't imagine there are very many Blu-Ray drives in gaming PCs.

Only really big titles even get boxed PC releases these days, but I like the ones that do, thanks to Best Buy's GCU and reward cert preorder offers.
    PC users would much rather rip a movie to an HDD than watch it on a Blu-Ray.

3. I have a BD writer in my PC

I have used it for BDs zero times and as an optical drive only to install Windows and a couple of fairly old PC games that I wish I had digitally.

I still have the DVD drive in mine from when I bought the case in 2003.

5. A lot of the system builds that are featured on Youtube don't include a DVD or Blu-Ray Drive. They pretty much think that you don't need one, and with the popularity of sites like Steam, Youtube, Netflix and GOG, physical media seems useless to most of them.

I put a DVD drive in all of my builds, since I have most of my PC games on physical discs. I've thought about getting a BRD, but I wouldn't use it for movies, since I have a PS4 in the living room and the PS3 before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I download at 11.3 MB/sec now, so it hauls ass

I can't download a Titan X though
    I have a 30 Meg connection and I rarely see a download speed above 4 Meg. I don't know if it's Verizon being dicks by capping bandwidth, or if the host sites are limiting their network from being over-saturated.
    Last edited by gamevet; 09 Apr 2015 at 05:53 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I have a 30 Meg connection and I rarely see a download speed above 4 Meg. I don't know if it's Verizon being dicks by capping bandwidth, or if the host sites are limiting their network from being over-saturated.
    That's a Steam number so it's pretty awesome. I downloaded the new COD in about an hour.

8. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    http://opensignal.com/knowledgebase/...nd-megabit.php

9. feh I told myself I would wait until the summer sale, but I got that itch and wound up scratching it

e: yeah if you're on 30mbit 4mb/s is pretty optimal, I'm on 50mbit and I'm downloading at a solid 6mb/s
    Last edited by cka; 13 Apr 2015 at 02:25 PM.