Page 14 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto 5

1. I want a character that acts in the cut scenes like he does when I play him.

"Oh look, a warehouse full of armed bastard. How many ways can I kill you dear little pinheads today?"

Cut scene happens- "I'm everyone's bitch."

No, that didn't work at all.

James

2. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease View Post
    What were some issues in GTA 4 that you would like to see improved (or gone) in 5?
    boring missions

3. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I want a character that acts in the cut scenes like he does when I play him.

"Oh look, a warehouse full of armed bastard. How many ways can I kill you dear little pinheads today?"

Cut scene happens- "I'm everyone's bitch."

No, that didn't work at all.

James
    No shit.

I think it would be better if for the first few missions you held up stores and stole cars to build street cred and bank roll. By the time you kill fifty guys in a boat yard all the local criminals should know not to fuck with you to your face. By the time you drive a truck out of a plane no one but the feds should have the balls to look at you.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    I want a return to the more open-ended mission design of 3 and Vice City that I think was left behind in San Andreas (which made a regular habit of stripping you of your weapons so you could only realistically complete a mission in the intended fashion) and 4 (which bracketed everything with cutscenes in order to put you in the right place).
    I think that San Andreas was the ideal balance of this for me. I'd be fine with more like that. 4 definitely went too far in that area.

5. I liked GTA4's missions. The cell phone stuff stunk but it was optional (I think I grinded it for the cheevo though). I also had zero problems with the driving - my brain can handle both a physics system like GTA4 and Saints Row. It's not a big deal.

I guess my opinion is not in line with most gamers. I really thought GTA4 was a damn good game. Not Oscar-Worthy like the reviews said but damn good.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 16 Nov 2012 at 09:36 AM.

6. I remember liking GTA4's car handling a lot but the mission scripting was excessive.

The driving has always been the best part of GTA for me. You get the most freedom and access to the typically excellent music. And I also thought GTA IV was very good.

8. I understand both sides of the car argument but I'm fine with it either way.

Tighten the combat and keep everything else the same as GTA4 but bigger and you've got one hell of a game.

9. So, saints row 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I also had zero problems with the driving - my brain can handle both a physics system like GTA4 and Saints Row. It's not a big deal.
    I can handle either, but I do have a preference.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery