Page 6 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto 5

Are you playing it on PS3 or PC?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Just running around an sandbox full of cars driving about and causing 30 car pile-ups isn't enough anymore.
    And that really wasn't what GTA4 was about. It's just that what it was about wasn't that great. The heist mission was the best one in the game.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    So put those kind of mechanics in to the crime aspect of GTA. That's what the series needs now. Just running around an sandbox full of cars driving about and causing 30 car pile-ups isn't enough anymore.
    They pulled out some of the nitty-gritty aspects that were supposed to be in GTA4 because of public backlash, like having to hotwire the cars yourself instead of the traditional everyone-leaves-their-keys-in-the-ignition. It would be nice if they made it more about thinking, planning, and timing and less about following predetermined game rule constructs that force missions to be painted in broad strokes while limiting the player's actual input, but I'm not sure the majority of their buyers would allow it. At least, not without a ton of bitching.

4. That hotwiring thing didn't go over too well in Alone in the Dark. Although that game had a lot of good ideas that might have gone over better in another context.

5. Bump for trailer impressions, T minus 8 minutes.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    That hotwiring thing didn't go over too well in Alone in the Dark. Although that game had a lot of good ideas that might have gone over better in another context.
    Hotwiring was fine on Chinatown Wars. It'd probably be stupid on a controller though.

7. Why did I move here? It must have been the weather.

Then the shit stops loading.

8. Location looks cool. I have no complaints from that trailer.

9. It's basically GTA:SA again, which is good

10. I like that Niko cameo too

man I wanna play that shit right now, shame it's at least a year out