Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ComiXology and the DC/Marvel Apps

1. Well and the thing is, Marvel/DC only get $1-2 for physical comics anyway, as there's additional markup on distribution AND store end before they are sold to customers for the $2.99 amount.

Them trying to charge $2.99 for a digital copy is just fucking greedy.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. I'd be surprised if the publishers get even that much. I know my guy gets a 50% discount as long as he orders enough stuff. That's how he's able to give everyone an automatic 20% discount just for walking in the door.
    Even if Diamond is only getting $.50 for each book, that only leaves Marvel a dollar towards marketing, publishing, and creating the book. Considering the small print runs most comics have these days, that doesn't leave a lot of room for profit.
    May be that's why I see lots of foreign names on the artist credits these days. Marvel and DC can't afford the American super stars anymore.

3. That applies to new stuff though. Why should a 20 year-old digital comic cost the same? At least bundle that shit together. It sucks having to buy individual issues of mini series or story arcs.

Every time I turn on this shit $40 disappear. It's dangerous.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. It really is tempting. I read the first issue of Secret Wars, a series I've owned and read a hundred times, and I ended up buying issue 2. I almost did the same thing with Shadow of the Bat #1. They're evil, how they put the "keep reading" page with a link at the end of each issue!

I just wish my Marvel stuff carried over. I want to buy some Thor, X-Men and the rest of SW.

6. Comic companies really need to get on the Netflix-style subscription bandwagon. Buying everything individually at marginally reduced prices? Fuck off. Give me the keys to the library for $8-10 a month, I'd be all over that shit.

7. That would absolutely get me back into reading all the time. To be able to revisit some great sagas without going back and buying all of them... shit I'd even buy a tablet.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Comic companies really need to get on the Netflix-style subscription bandwagon. Buying everything individually at marginally reduced prices? Fuck off. Give me the keys to the library for $8-10 a month, I'd be all over that shit.
    I don't know if they still do, but Marvel used to do just that with their Marvel Digital service. It was PC only (maybe Mac too I don't know, not-mobile was my point), but for $10 a month or $50 a year, you got unlimited access to their back catalog. New books were added like 6 months after they came out in print, though. Still totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. I can buy trades for cheaper than individual issues on this service.

Books don't suck the life out of my communications device, either!

10. Marvel has been promising for forever now that a mobile app for Digital Unlimited was coming... and yet it still isn't here. Luckily I bought an Android tablet which supports flash so I can still read them on my tablet. Best $50 I ever spent on comics. Comixology is definitely awesome but I really would like for a "wish list" or some sort of subscription option or something.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com