Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video resolution help

1. Video resolution help

So I bought Opaque's GTX 470. Works lovely. Except that it doesn't display my second monitor at it's native resolution.

Monitor 1: Viewsonic VX2233 22", native resolution 1920x1080
    Monitor 2: Viewsonic VA2012 20", native resolution 1680x1050

Both the nVidia and Windows Screen Resolution list the second monitor as a "Digital Display" and not the "Viewsonic VA2010" listing as is seen in the Device Manager (Viewsonic doesn't has a gdamn driver for the 2012, but the 2010 is close enough). Using the nvidia control panel I can force the 2012 to 1920x1080 but the monitor is not the right aspect ration and it doesn't look right. In the Screen Resolution panel I can't set it any higher than 1280x720. I can't use the custom resolution setting in the nvideo panel because it gives an error when I try to set it to 1680 ("Your monitor doesn't support this setting" lolFUCKYOU).

I don't know what to do. My old 8800GTX ran both monitors at the correct resolution just fine. Anyone have any insight on this?

2. In my nvidia control panel there's a option to resize the screen, which creates sliders for horizontal and vertical control. I have to use it for my TV since the 1080p setting bleeds over the edges. I can't check what tab it's under right now but it should be in there somewhere.

3. Yeah, I messed around with that, too, but all it does is adjust the total area space of the screen used. Doesn't exactly fix the problem.

4. Is this the one you did?

Adjust desktop size and position
    -2: Apply the following:
    -Size tab
    -2. Resize the desktop if the display setting did not provide a proper fit.
    -check Enable desktop resizing

Then click the resize button. The resolution will be a bit different (I think my TV size ends up at like 1823x978 or something silly like that) but everything I've played has automatically worked with it.

John had this exact same problem like a week ago but it wasn't relevant to me so I didn't care. He's stopped bitching so he must've found a solution, let me call him up.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. PLZ HELP MZO YOURE MY ONLY HOPE.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Is this the one you did?

Adjust desktop size and position
    -2: Apply the following:
    -Size tab
    -2. Resize the desktop if the display setting did not provide a proper fit.
    -check Enable desktop resizing

Then click the resize button. The resolution will be a bit different (I think my TV size ends up at like 1823x978 or something silly like that) but everything I've played has automatically worked with it.
    This doesn't do anything for me.

He says he googled something that involved changing a registry option to allow for the old nvidia driver interface to become unlocked and available, and that there was an option in the old interface to do what you need, and it has even been updated long after it's been hidden away.

That makes no sense for nvidia, but if he found how to do it on Google you should be able to find it from this info. I'll look for a hot second right now.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. I did some Googlin' about the registry stuff but the only results I get are from like 4 years ago.